Keyword

TOPIC:

33 years later 5 years 5 months ago #52882

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hi Caprinut,

I managed to fabricate some of those C-Clips. It was a little more difficult than I had anticipated, particularly working with such small pieces of material and not having any of the original clips for a comparison. A few of them went airborne off the tweezers during fabrication ? but I eventually got there. I used some calipers to measure the shaft of the gearbox joint so that I could fabricate them as accurately as possible. And to my amazement, they work perfectly.

I'll include a pic of one of my dodgy C-CLIPS .. lol and a couple of images from the early stages of my gearbox rebuild.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, Al

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: I was having trouble posting to the forum and tried a test message.

33 years later 5 years 5 months ago #52903

Nice work :y: :)

33 years later 5 years 5 months ago #52921

I'm really happy for you the piano wire method did work for you :y:

Was only a idea in my head really.
I also have used the same stuff to fabricate my own stabilizer in the past B)

33 years later 5 years 5 months ago #52938

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Thank you Jonny & Caprinut. Appreciate your feedback :)
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut

33 years later 5 years 4 months ago #53026

Hi Sam, reading your post is like reading one I might write. For me it's been 36 years since I drove my 1st Sand Scorcher.
As of a month or two ago I ran across my little SRB all disabled in a box in the shed. Been slowly rebuilding her, now she looks almost new.

33 years later 5 years 4 months ago #53033

Pictures Rickman??? :)

33 years later 5 years 4 months ago #53044

• Sam
  • Born to be Wild
  • Born to be Wild
Hi Rickman2k,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my introduction post. It's great rediscovering RC after all these years, particularly a return to vintage models which hold so many wonderful memories. And this site makes it so much more enjoyable and meaningful. Having the opportunity to share those experiences, but also have access to an incredible amount knowledge from a community of people who are so generous with their time and information, is very inspiring.
I hope your Sand Scorcher restoration is the start of many more to come and you'll continue to share your experiences here. My rebuild has been on hold for the last week due to illness, but I'm hoping to complete it very soon. I am also in negotiations to purchase a vintage Blackfoot, which is one of my favourite Tamiya models.

Thanks again.
Sam.

33 years later 5 years 4 months ago #53217

got it looking good enuf for a pix of now, and it's closer to 37 years since I got her, I was 18 !

Attachments:

Last edit: by larbut. Reason: Inserted image

33 years later 5 years 4 months ago #53218

Very nicely coloured. Pure 70's spirit. I am looking for a color sheme for a scorcher body. :)

33 years later 5 years 4 months ago #53254

I can't wait to get batteries for it. I've slowl been rebuilding it over the past year using itty bitty chunks of my disability check. All I need now is a Lipo battery for it and some new bats for my old Futaba RC system. Hopefully in January.
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.