Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Retro servo ? 2 years 4 months ago #69788

What does everyone recommend for a steering and throttle servo that will be as close to a retro servo from late 80s and early 90s as possible? Really want my Clod to be as close to a late 80s- early 90s build as possible. Truck is gonna be a shelf queen so performance is less of a concern then retro accuracy. Thanks!
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Retro servo ? 2 years 4 months ago #69791

Depends on what era you are looking for.
The popular servo when that model as released was the Futaba S-148 or Acoms. Tamiya branded Servo's were made by Futaba like the TP=S3003 is the same as a Futabe S3003 without the gold Tamiya logo but these are a expensive and hard to find in the UK as they come with XB models or TamTech kits. just search eBay.
www.ebay.co.uk/...ondition=4

The following user(s) Liked this: jord001, RickDizzle

Retro servo ? 2 years 4 months ago #69800

Classic futaba s3003 with black red and white wire should be close to reality for a clod and the interest is that this servo is still available as new and cheap
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Retro servo ? 2 years 4 months ago #69805

I'd say Sting's probably right. Still, I'd like to share my greenhorn experience presenting what nylon servos I know, out of several 'cheap chinese' servos I experimented with in my Tamiyas the AAS-700STD is both accurate and fast, though perhaps not as durable. But nobody bashes their Tamiya to such extent, I hope.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.