Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New to the forum 2 years 2 months ago #70631

Hi all ,
Just thought id say alright to you all . I thought id get back in to tinkering with RC's having had both IC and electric over the years .
Back in the early 90's I bought a Nissan KC , its been up in the loft gathering dirt and dust SO decided to take a look and give it a total strip down with all new nuts and screws .
This has now resulted in me looking and looking for spares to bring it back to life , but as everyone knows about the diff situation , after reading more and more forums .
I have now managed to pester Derrick Durbin ( Top bloke ) so much he finally did me a one off  RCC conversion kit for my KC to take the STEALTH 3 gear tranny , its taken me almost a year to source the tranny and a total set of inner gears/shafts spares from the US ( I received all the conversion spares just in time for Christmas )
Will try and post a couple of pics from my phone   
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: Al, jord001, Ducksnuts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ROOSTER52.

New to the forum 2 years 2 months ago #70633

Welcome on board :)

New to the forum 2 years 2 months ago #70634

Welcome on board. Nice kingcab.
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

New to the forum 2 years 2 months ago #70637

Very welcome to the forum 

Great to see a King Cab. One of those i never got....
I did see Ampro Engineering did the same conversion on YT a while ago.
Want to do the same conversion to some of my cars, but Stealth transmissions is both and hard to get by these days as you found out.
Think I will use Axial SCX10 gen 1 transmissions as I'm familar with those and parts are still available.
Hard bit is to fab up or buy parts to mount the suspension arms and upper links.

Welcome once again and as you will find out we are a kind family who is located all over the globe.

New to the forum 2 years 2 months ago #70638

Why modify the kc? The transmission box is the same as madcap and astute. Ok the diff is the problem but now easy to find with suoer astute if the same. And they look like egress ones. Not sure about them.

New to the forum 2 years 1 month ago #70668

Welcome to the forum

Regards

Lee

New to the forum 2 years 1 month ago #70740

Cheers lads , thanks for the welcome

I decided to get the STEALTH transmission as they are pretty much bullet proof , the vintage parts are still about , I do a lot of searching of the web to source the spares , other than the tranny case (AS 6564/6565) I have enough spares to build a second unit , dont really want to shell out 60 to 70 quid for a case (import duty costs) atm , but am still looking to have for spares

Recently sold a few bits on Ebay and now considering to sell all of my complete KC collection , will sell Stealth spares separately unless I get a good offer for them 

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.