Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Thrust Bearing and Ball Differential - what's the connection/reason for that? 2 years 2 months ago #70644

Dear TamiyaBase members,
I am currently builing the Tyrell P34 Six Wheeler and came across this combination of having a ball differential and a thrust bearing on one axle. What exactly is the technical reason for that? Would a ball bearing with - let's say a coil to bring the pressure on the bearing - not be sufficient already? I can understand the disk springs MC2 in the setup, kind of like a coil. But where is the need for the additional (thrust) bearing. I don't see any additional need for a circular movement of the wheel which would necessitate the bearing?

Enlighten me, please :-)

Cheers 
MetalMaxx 
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by MetalMaxx.

Thrust Bearing and Ball Differential - what's the connection/reason for that? 2 years 2 months ago #70646

The thrust is here to permit the differential effect
The following user(s) Liked this: Al

Thrust Bearing and Ball Differential - what's the connection/reason for that? 2 years 2 months ago #70649

ah yes, I get it. Since it is a solid axle that goes through both wheels, you need a pivot point. Makes sense! Thx Stingray!

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.