Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

top force & evolution body set paint & Decals help! 1 year 10 months ago #71717

😀Hi again guys. I’m here asking who is the best person or someone you guys could recommend to please help me spray and add the decals to my vintage top force and evolution body set in the correct box art? I’ve bought all the correct paints,  PS 23 etc but really nervous about doing the spraying and decals myself. I want shelf queens I’m willing to pay and happy to hear how much if it’s not too expensive. Happy to answer questions here. Thanks a lot. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

top force & evolution body set paint & Decals help! 1 year 10 months ago #71719

I would be more than happy to do this for you as I have just finished a TF EVO  that just recently sold. Having said that I think that if you were to jump in with both feet and take your time you would be very surprised how good a job you can do. Try a less rare, perhaps simpler body first before this one to give yourself some confidence.

I would feel like I am taking one of the best things about our hobby away from you if I did it but still happy to help if I can. 

top force & evolution body set paint & Decals help! 1 year 10 months ago #71720

Well, I think like Jim : paint job is not sorcery, and probably lot easier than what you think. Have a look at few YouTube videos on this, and try on another body first if you are not sure... And you would be surprised how easy it is... 
I buy kits to built and ru(i)n them :-)
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

top force & evolution body set paint & Decals help! 1 year 10 months ago #71722

TF bodies are easy to paint. Only 1 color. The secret is to spray very light coats. I think that Jonny retro is the best one to explain to you and advice you . 
The following user(s) Liked this: 1972 LeMansGT Jim

top force & evolution body set paint & Decals help! 1 year 10 months ago #71727

😀🙏Thanks for the reply and suggestion to help me. I would really appreciate that! I totally understand what you mean about taking away one of the best parts of the hobby from me lol but it’s not a problem. Are you based in the UK if, so where? I’m based in the South West. 

Thanks also for the encouragement guys regards painting and doing the decals myself. I did it on a TT01 shell and it came out really well. It’s just the TF & Evolution decals have to be cut out and it’s gotta be done precisely and laid the same to really come out right. Who is John Retro by the way? Is he on YouTube? 

Thanks. 
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

top force & evolution body set paint & Decals help! 1 year 10 months ago #71728

Depending how steady your hands are, for the decals use a hobby knife (or scalpel) with a fresh blade.  Or if you're bit shakey, a good pair of scissors.  Curved nail/manicure scissors come in handy.....
I tend to use a combination of all-of-the-above.
A light spray of water on the body also helps for positioning larger decals.

Johnny is a member on here, has written a few articles on painting etc;
tamiyabase.com/...4-painting

top force & evolution body set paint & Decals help! 1 year 10 months ago #71730

Thanks so much for the info about the use of the right tools. I have normally used a curved scissor but not a hobby knife, which I’ll get. Appreciate the link to Johnny’s article. 😀
The following user(s) Liked this: Ducksnuts

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.