Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

RC-beginner in Norway 12 years 9 months ago #2111

Finally my boyhood dream came true. After years on the lookout for a Sand Scorcher, my neighbour where I have my cabin, offerd me what was left of his vintage Tamiya Sand Scorcher. I remember these being released, and how I could not afford one then.

Being halfway between 40 and 50, I think I can afford the restoration of this vehicle to its past glory. I will definitely need some help here... :-) I live happily in Oslo Norway, so if there are any fellow countrymen who can give me tips and advice, I would be very happy.

This particular Sand Scorcher is definitely a restoration project. I hope you will bear with me, as I have no experience with RC-VW's (or Tamiya VW's for that matter) at all, what so ever! I have the real stuff, but I presume an RC is fun to drive as well.

WR

Tarjei
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: RC-beginner in Norway 12 years 9 months ago #2116

Welcome Tarjei!
Good to have a fellow Norwegian onboard!
That Scorcher looks good, inspite the few missing parts.

I read in your other post that you are a VW enthousiast. Well so am (or was...) I. I once (oh..20 years ago...) restored a 1964 Type 1 to Cal Looker, with a 1915cc motor, home made interior etc, etc. Sold that about 5-6 years ago...

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: RC-beginner in Norway 12 years 9 months ago #2121

Hi Tarjei - welcome!

Looks like a great resto project. :cheer:
Just post any questions you might have - I'm sure some of the TBers will have some helpful answers. ;)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds