Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Troms 12 years 8 months ago #2615

First af all, thanks for this great website! I have used it a lot for reference.

I got my first Tamiya, a Sand Scorcher, around 1980/81. I later got a Toyota 4x4 Pick Up, a Subaru Brat, a Hotshot, a Boomerang and a Avante, before I "changed" to Kyosho and bought a Ultima, a Turbo Optima and a Turbo Optima Mid. For nearly 20 years I believed the story ended there, but I always kept my cars, and a couple of years ago I rediscovered the joy and starting restoring them. My Brat was gone and I had traded the Hotshot for a second Sand Scorcher before they were put away around 1988, but the rest, spares and all, was still there.

I have now finished my restoration of one of the Scorchers, minus a little paintwork. I have kept the Boomerang mostly as it was, as this is the "monster" with 7 shocks, seen in the Petter Solberg Tamiya Cup 1987 video. My Toyota is in bits and pieces right now, and I have bought the few pieces that needed to be changed. My Avante is also disassembled and cleaned, just waiting for a new set of ball bearings. I might have to get a re-re body set for it, as the original is seriously trashed. I have also built a "new condition" Super Champ with parts sourced from everywhere round the world, and I have a similar project going for a Supershot. Other projects started are a Rough Rider (almost done), a CRP SRB and I'm slowly building a Hotshot based on all the spares I have from my Boomerang and the Supershot project. All restorations are based on original parts, apart from the Hotshot that will have some re-re in there (and probably the body for the Avante).

I have also bought some re-re kits, 2 Scorchers, 1 Buggy Champ and 1 Avante. I have finished the Avante and the Buggy Champ just need some fine painting. I will build one of the Scorchers, but the other will stay in a safe place and will be built when I one day ends up in a old peoples home ;-) can you imagine: "NURSE! Can you hand me the other blister pack?"

I also have some Kyosho builds and restorations going, but I guess they are of no interest here.

Newer cars I have are a Kyosho ZX-5, a TF-5 and a TF-6.

That's me.
Tom

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Troms 12 years 8 months ago #2616

hola, welcome on board :)
The following user(s) Liked this: TommieG

Re: Troms 12 years 8 months ago #2617

Hi Tom and welcome! :)

That's a great intro and an excellent list of cars.
Can't wait to see the pics!

I also have some Kyosho builds and restorations going, but I guess they are of no interest here.

On the contrary! There's a special section for that on the forum :

Tamiyabase Kyosho build threads

:cheer:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Troms 12 years 8 months ago #2620

Hi there Tom
Welcome here!!!
It's a fab selection of cars you have there.
Marius

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds