Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hi from Birmingham 12 years 7 months ago #2992

Hi everyone, I've recently been up my loft and found my old monster beetle. It's in surprisingly good condition, the only problem I've got is that the steering servo is broken. Its the old 3 pin type which no one seems to sell anymore. I've brought new battery and hope to have it up and running once servo problem is fixed. Anyone have any ideas on how to sort servo? Any advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hi from Birmingham 12 years 7 months ago #2994

Hi everyone, I've recently been up my loft and found my old monster beetle. It's in surprisingly good condition, the only problem I've got is that the steering servo is broken. Its the old 3 pin type which no one seems to sell anymore. I've brought new battery and hope to have it up and running once servo problem is fixed. Anyone have any ideas on how to sort servo? Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome on board, froggy :)

Re the servo - unless you can find a replacement on ebay (or maybe here - post the make & model, you never know), it's probably going to be a case of buying a cheap new servo, snipping the plug off both old & new, and grafting the plug off the old one on the new servo ... servo wiring hasn't ever really changed AFAIK, there's a +, -, & signal wire; we just have to work out what goes where :)

Re: Hi from Birmingham 12 years 7 months ago #2995

Welcome froggy72. :)

In what way is the servo broken exactly?
A new one wouldn't cost that much and the connector can be refitted or (maybe better) an adapter cable made.
I've recently resoldered a servo like that the other way around - put a (modern) JR connector on it to match my receiver.

Wish you fun restoring and hope to see some pics soon! :cheer:

Edit : posted simultaneously with Jonny R but the same conclusion. ;)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Hi from Birmingham 12 years 7 months ago #3001

Thanks for the replies. It's the White plastic bit that turns, all the ridges are gone so the bit on top just spins on it. I'll try the option of connecting the old plug to a new servo then hopefully it'll be up and running. Am really looking forward to having it going. I've now been looking at the re releases that I couldn't afford as a kid but can now, very tempting it is but want to sort beetle first.

Re: Hi from Birmingham 12 years 7 months ago #3007

Okay, not much use in trying to fix that...

Let us know when you hit a bump in the building process - see if we can help out. ;)
And there are some great cars issued indeed. Would love to own an Avante myself.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.277 seconds