Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Hello from the USA! 13 years 1 month ago #704

Hi all, I came across this site about a month ago and I have to say it brings back a lot of memories. I got into the whole RC phenomenon back in the 80's when I was a kid. Always loved the Tamiya and Marui lines of cars and trucks, especially Tamiya and it's off-road buggies and trucks. My first car was a Frog, then a year or two later I purchased a Monster Beetle. I still currently have both and am restoring them back to new condition. As I got older, I kind of phased out of the whole RC scene, but in recent years have gotten back into it. I've always enjoyed the hobby and have started to build up my collection of cars and trucks. I'm ultimately looking to collect all of the Tamiya off-road vehicles from the first 100 cars plus any off-roader after those that had box artwork instead of a photograph. I'm not a big fan of these new, futuristic looking cars that are out nowadays. The vintage cars just have so much more style and class to them, but maybe I'm just old school

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Hello from the USA! 13 years 1 month ago #706

We hear you mate!
Very common scenario!! :laugh:

Re: Hello from the USA! 13 years 1 month ago #711

he he, yes, sounds very much like myself some years ago :laugh:

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Hello from the USA! 12 years 7 months ago #3130

Would love to see one of those NIBs in a build thread. Some great cars you have. B)

Saying welcome would be a bit strange to do since you're an earlier member than myself. ;)
But hoping you'll share some progress on that awesome list...

Re: Hello from the USA! 12 years 7 months ago #3174

WELCOME TO THE BEST SITE FROM ACROSS THE POND :silly: UK

Re: Hello from the USA! 12 years 7 months ago #3178

Umm, 6 month old post from someone who hasn't been back since?

I blame Edou :silly:

Re: Hello from the USA! 12 years 7 months ago #3179

I see breese24 surfing around quite regularly. Even voted in the poll. ;)

Must be enthusiasm by darc but no need to shout though... :whistle:
TB rocks - that is true.

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Hello from the USA! 12 years 7 months ago #3193

Hi there breese24 and welcome here!!!
Your story Will be very familiar to a hole bunch of the guys here, I am sure. It is commonly known as RHS (Relapsed Hobby Syndrome) and is usually caused by WC&W (Woman Children and Work). Hope you enjoy your RHS as much as we do!
Marius

Re: Hello from the USA! 12 years 7 months ago #3197

I think I might have created a bit of confusion here... nonetheless it's good to see a warm welcome! :)

Re: Hello from the USA! 12 years 7 months ago #3200

Don't worry Edou we all failed to see the date of the post and it is so nice to see another like-minded person, as it helps to make the rest seem not so normal.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds