Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No Budget Project 11 years 5 months ago #15538

Coal is going south here in the states. We're not interested in being an industrial country any more I guess. I've been bumped back to a max of 44 hours a week at work. I was used to 60 or more. While I have more time with my toys and the family the toy budget has been drastically cut. Many projects that are still requiring parts are on hold till I sell off some things I've finished and are bored with.
So after digging through some boxes of bits I came up with enough to cobble up a "paper" airplane.
A couple hours and a lot of hot glue later it's time to bind the Rx and program the radio. Hopefully the wind will die down at some point today so I can make a maiden flight.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

No Budget Project 11 years 5 months ago #15540

A quick test on the watt meter shows 35.7 watts at 10.2 amps. Should fly depending on the CG.
Come on wind calm down for me.

No Budget Project 11 years 5 months ago #15563

It flys!! No elevon authority and very twitchy. But it's balanced very well. Lucky guess on the CG. I'll extend the elevons an inch or do and dial in some expo and try again depending on the wind.

Re: No Budget Project 11 years 5 months ago #15564

Cool! B)
A video would be nice!
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

No Budget Project 11 years 5 months ago #15569

Cool! B)
A video would be nice!

If I can ever get anyone to come out with me at the buttcrack of dawn to run a camera there will be vids of several planes.

Re: No Budget Project 11 years 5 months ago #15586

What a project! Any reports of UFO sightings in the neighbourhood lately? :lol:

No Budget Project 11 years 5 months ago #15622

What a project! Any reports of UFO sightings in the neighbourhood lately? :lol:

Not yet. My penguin is the only thing I have that's small enough to fly around the house.
But cars will stop and watch when I'm out flying at the local school yard or out in front of my jobs corporate HQ. They have about 10 acres of nicely mowed flat lawn.
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.