Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Don't you hate it when... 11 years 5 months ago #15568

On a roll today after stripping down a 959... cleaning all parts, start the build and then run out of ceramic grease!! Was hoping to complete this today, but will have to wait until my new grease arrives! ...or maybe could just use some Vaseline!? :whistle:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Don't you hate it when... 11 years 5 months ago #15570

Thats :cry:

No biclycle grease lying around or something like that?

Re: Don't you hate it when... 11 years 5 months ago #15571

Yes I've got some bike grease. I've alway's believed that WD-40 is taboo to use as well.

Re: Don't you hate it when... 11 years 5 months ago #15573

In my runner DF01 I used the ceramic grease (finish line) I got for my MTB.
Still holding up fine.

Re: Don't you hate it when... 11 years 5 months ago #15574

Good to know, thanks... probably a much cheaper alternative as well.

Re: Don't you hate it when... 11 years 5 months ago #15578

Don't do vaseline, it's petroleum-based & will do funny things to the plastic over time.
WD40 is a strange one, different people have different opinions over whether or not it hurts the plastic. I personally don't use it on plastic stuff because I've had instances where it's made the (Non-Tamiya) components "swell" & not fit any more.

I only use silicone-based food-safe grease on plastics nowadays, & it's a whole lot cheaper for larger quantities by buying it as such, rather than "Soopa doopa toy car racing grease" or whatever -
I get mine from RS components, but I'm sure you could get it from an engineering supplier to the food factory industry

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.