Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Winter 2012/2013 Snow pics? 11 years 4 months ago #16553

Those are some lovely snowy pictures! :)

Nexus, I heard that putting your ESC in a bag of rice can help dry it out...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Winter 2012/2013 Snow pics? 11 years 4 months ago #16554

did that with my lrp esc, worked like a charm :woohoo:

Re: Winter 2012/2013 Snow pics? 11 years 4 months ago #16942

Hello,

Well actually there is no more snow here... I took my re-re MP out during these hollidays for an outside trip.
As there is no snow, i didn't wanted to open a new Topic and post them here anyway.

Thanks for looking

Proud owner of the Bruiser Family
Attachments:

Winter 2012/2013 Snow pics? 11 years 4 months ago #17673

Took the World's Least Capable Scaler out in the snow again yesterday, and predictably enough shredded another set of snow chains ... even with a 55T motor, the wheelspeed is too high once the tyres loose grip & start spinning up.

Larger section chain didn't help, I think it's down to the elastic bands not applying enough pressure... chains without bands are harder work to build.

A New Ice Age is being promised for later today (and more snow on Sunday) - time to make sure the Clod is ready to go :y:

Attachments:

Winter 2012/2013 Snow pics? 11 years 4 months ago #17687

I think it's down to the elastic bands not applying enough pressure... chains without bands are harder work to build.

Use cable ties instead of laccy bands?

Winter 2012/2013 Snow pics? 11 years 4 months ago #17688

It's a thought :y:

Winter 2012/2013 Snow pics? 11 years 4 months ago #17710

It may be prudent to invest in some waterproof servo's and speed controller, you can put receiver in balloon ;)

Winter 2012/2013 Snow pics? 11 years 4 months ago #17711

Took my Willy out today to play in the snow, but after some time it just froze.
Think putting a balloon over it for some protection is a good idea :y:

Winter 2012/2013 Snow pics? 11 years 4 months ago #17730

I've ballooned my HSP & took it out a couple of lunchtimes at work last week - hilarious, the carpark is like glass at the mo!

Not so hilarious was trying to do the weekly food shopping at Tesco - as anticipated, the suggestion of snow caused panic buying as usual - no bread, no meat, no veg, no water, no milk left (Pic is of bread shelf...)

Attachments:

Winter 2012/2013 Snow pics? 11 years 3 months ago #17739

The snow hung on for a few days, so I took the opportunity to get out & play a few more times – the Clod (as expected) coped very well, the Bruiser was ok in 4WD but not so good in 2WD... the Bigwig was really poor though – the snow hadn’t melted as much as I thought (still 3”/ 75mm deep in places, and frozen), and stiffening up the suspension to improve ground clearance had an adverse effect on steering – it didn’t seem to have any. The only way I could get in to turn was full lock & full throttle. Back to the drift setup I think – stiff rear, very soft front - & see if I can do something more to increase steering lock, and speed ... and bodge up some new steering rack gaiters.

The Pumpkin was vastly improved (5 CVAs, double wishbone front end, central servo) – but completely hopeless in the snow (by then more like ice) unless going really slowly; fast enough to spin the wheels & it would just stop at the tiniest bit of resistance on the front wheels, in the snow of course it just dug in. Lights failed to work so will need some investigation, body mounts (now lifted by 3 plastic 1150 bearings) need something tougher making.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds