Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Oh Ker-ristmas tree, oh Christmas tree... 11 years 4 months ago #16453

My Christmas tree - I think this is the third year I've gone with the Tamiya theme - boxes are homemade, you can find my patterns on TC here if you want to make your own .. when I first made them I don't think I had any of the cars, now I have all of them (re-re or original) apart from the Willy's Wheeler :blink:

Tree itself is a 1970 fake Scotch Pine :blink: Really - it said "Scotch Pine" on the box :silly:

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Oh Ker-ristmas tree, oh Christmas tree... 11 years 4 months ago #16464

Yeeaasss, a vintage tree! Possibly as cool as the mini kit boxes! How do you handle the disappointment of them being empty when you open them though? I'd find that really depressing... I wonder how old my tree is... found it in my loft when I moved in, doesn't look quite as old as my washing machine though

Re: Oh Ker-ristmas tree, oh Christmas tree... 11 years 4 months ago #16465

it said "Scotch Pine" on the box :silly:

'Scotch' so its a 3M sticky tree? :whistle:

Re: Oh Ker-ristmas tree, oh Christmas tree... 11 years 4 months ago #16466

No it's a fake, I can understand it, it looks upright, unstained & likely doesn't smell flammable

Re: Oh Ker-ristmas tree, oh Christmas tree... 11 years 4 months ago #16467

Where's the facepalm emoticon?

PS - I also love the bootees!

Re: Oh Ker-ristmas tree, oh Christmas tree... 11 years 4 months ago #16494

Nice tree, JR!
I happen to have a vintage plastic tree also. This one looks like some kind of Fir and is from mid- to late 70's probably.
Got light bulbs delivered by a courier in some sort of white sled the other day.
No bling on it yet, but looks good without I think.

Attachments:

Re: Oh Ker-ristmas tree, oh Christmas tree... 11 years 4 months ago #16510

HI!... Go BIG or go home.......... Circa 1968..... :laugh: Excuse the look of my living room. I'm in the middle of a 1920 restoration. :laugh: :y:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.