Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

losi micro truck damaged 11 years 2 months ago #18657

Rubbish...
All that's important is the LENGTH of the wire ...

... because those plastic antenna tubes are just like the TARDIS (bigger on the inside) & any old bit of wire (18awg battery cable, cooker flex, welding cable etc etc) will fit through with no problems :whistle: ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

losi micro truck damaged 11 years 2 months ago #18658

Ok Jonny, you got me there...

losi micro truck damaged 11 years 2 months ago #18668

problem solved i have soldered a length of copper futaba receiver wire to it to roughly the same length that i had lying around and its working like a dream even seems to have more range to it.

thanks for all the advice :y:

losi micro truck damaged 11 years 2 months ago #18689

Yes, I can't say I've ever noticed any problems by not getting an aerial wire EXACTLY right, it's likely there's stuff built into the RX to compensate for slight discrepancies, like the length of "useless" aerial bundled up in the car or wrapped around itself or another metal object.
I'll tell you from experience, an RX will still work on the bench with 10mm aerial wire, but the range will be pants. The ideal scenario is to have the aerial exactly the right length & vertical for the entirety of that length, right from the point where it leaves the RX PCB, with nothing metallic close-by to cause reflective wave-addition/subtraction type interference

losi micro truck damaged 11 years 2 months ago #18705

problem solved i have soldered a length of copper futaba receiver wire to it to roughly the same length that i had lying around and its working like a dream even seems to have more range to it.

thanks for all the advice :y:

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.