Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New 1:1 project 11 years 2 months ago #18673

Just bought this from my sister for the princely sum of £200 (delivered :y: ).

(it looks a bit flaccid because it's not fully erect yet :whistle: )

The reason for the cheap price? It suffered a blowout on the motorway and the tyre shredded the plastic wheel tub on one side. Fortunately it was insured.
The damage (viewed from the inside)

My sister struggled to find anyone willing to repair it in Surrey, so the insurance company wrote it off and paid out the market value.

A bit of research found replacement "universal" wheel tubs on ebay for £25 + postage and the measurements match almost exactly :y: Fitting looks fairly easy along with a bit of carpentry to replace a small bit of damaged plywood floor.
There is a bit of cosmetic damage and a couple of pipes have been ripped off, but I should be able to get it habitable for less than £100, which makes for cheap holidays.

Now I've just got to get round to wiring up the towbar on my car. Not as easy as you may think due to modern CAN-bus electrics :sick:
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New 1:1 project 11 years 2 months ago #18676

:) fun. What car have you got?

New 1:1 project 11 years 2 months ago #18677

The matter with the can, is that you have to inform the system that it has some consumers in supplement.
In reality, on a lot of cars, rear lights aren't controled by the can and if you take the current on the "faisceau" directly, you can have light on your mobile home ;)

New 1:1 project 11 years 2 months ago #18681

Ah yes, a trailer tent. All the disadvantages of a caravan, combined with all the drawbacks of a tent :D

It's funny if you imagine Kryten saying it, anyway :whistle: ;)

New 1:1 project 11 years 2 months ago #18691

Tch, more tailbacks....

I did consider converting something for living in on weekend expeditions, maybe one of these

Attachments:

New 1:1 project 11 years 2 months ago #18713

Ah yes, a trailer tent. All the disadvantages of a caravan, combined with all the drawbacks of a tent :D

I anticipated some ribbing on this one :laugh:
Technically it is not a trailer tent - it is a folding camper!

Tch, more tailbacks....

Depends what you tow it with ;) And it's much smaller and lighter than a caravan.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.