Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya saves the day again! 10 years 11 months ago #21674

The last week or so I have been busy with a digitizing probe for my CNC. I had trouble to line up the 3 pins on the inside that actually triggers the probe. I was at whits end when a thought popped into my head. Why make something Tamiya already did! I used the differential X section from a pile of old TA03 parts I have lying around. This replaced a part that took me hours to make just to have it fail! :angry: It seems the Tamiya part is a drop in fit :lol: .

The previous attempt. Looks fine, but is badly miss aligned. This causes it too get stuck and the digitizing stops. The machine would keep running, but it won't pick up any more points.

This is the assembled probe. And yes that is a Tamiya 3mm ball on the tip! :lol:

After a bit of re-machining and threading the Tamiya part this is the result.

Now I need to get new bearing balls from a bicycle and I can wire this puppy up again :woohoo:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Tamiya saves the day again! 10 years 11 months ago #21680

Great engineering by both Tamiya and you :-)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.
The following user(s) Liked this: Kermit

Tamiya saves the day again! 10 years 11 months ago #21681

It usually takes me double the time to do things like this as I have no training for this, but I enjoy the challenge. The probe will hopefully be used for my most ambitious project ever. I want to re create the Porsche 959 mold. Don't know if I will ever pull it off, but worth a try. :lol:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.