Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Best tamiya for kids? 7 years 4 months ago #41786

So i was looking at getting my kid a present for Christmas. I'm stuck between the grasshopper or the cr01?

I saw this review on the cr01: rcjudge.com/tam...01-review/

and really liked it. However it seemed a bit bias. So i would like to get the answers from the experts. I'm aiming more towards the grasshopper at this point. It's also a lot cheaper.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Best tamiya for kids? 7 years 4 months ago #41787

Something with big tires, Mad Bull, Lunchbox, Willy or Wild Dagger chassis types. Hard to kill and depending on age swap the motor for higher or lower turn. Get a quicrun 1060 WP ESC and they go almost everywhere.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Re:Best tamiya for kids? 7 years 4 months ago #41788

Ok just read your other post Mister Noob ;) so kill us with questions. :)

Re:Best tamiya for kids? 7 years 4 months ago #41790

Definitively a CW01 or CW02 . lunch box, wild willy2 , or santana. The santana or jimny have lexan bodies. They are probably more appropriate to begin. ;)
After 30 years, I am still playing with my lunch.

Best tamiya for kids? 7 years 4 months ago #41792

Looking at the Grasshopper and CR01 is looking at two models really far apart in my mind.
The Grasshopper is good for general backyard bashing, the CR01 is Tamiya's attempt at a rock crawler.
I haven't checked, but I believe there is a significant price difference between the two.

I'm with Flo on this one, get something with the CW01 click here for all models

The WR01/WR02 chassis may also be something to check out.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Best tamiya for kids? 7 years 4 months ago #41793

WR01/WR02 chassis, takes a beating, 2 or 4 WD, you can even make it FWD or rear steer.
Loads of tuning and hopups available.

The following user(s) Liked this: steverc

Best tamiya for kids? 7 years 4 months ago #41796

Thank you! I think i might go with that! The truck will definitely take a beating.

Best tamiya for kids? 7 years 4 months ago #41797

Looking at the Grasshopper and CR01 is looking at two models really far apart in my mind.
The Grasshopper is good for general backyard bashing, the CR01 is Tamiya's attempt at a rock crawler.
I haven't checked, but I believe there is a significant price difference between the two.

I'm with Flo on this one, get something with the CW01 click here for all models

The WR01/WR02 chassis may also be something to check out.

-Lars

Thank you for the help! I feel a bit more knowledgable now. I think i might go with the madbull now.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.