Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1:8 DeLorean partwork ... but 1,200+ GBP?!?!? 6 years 8 months ago #45519

Spotted a TV ad for this ... now it's all very big & impressive, but two things in the small print struck me: 130 parts is a long, long time be committed, hoping they don't decide part way through that it's no longer economically viable :whistle:, plus the near certainty of at least one part not getting sent out or "lost" in the post.

Maybe I'm just being cynical - I still bear the mental scars of the staggering ineptitude of a different publisher (failing to send parts out, failing to replace damaged or missing parts, "final" "reminders" sent for parts never sent, going dark for the best part of 18 months before the BS started again, agreeing to cancel my subscription and accepting nothing was owed, only to sell a nonexistent "debt" to a collection agency..) :S

Seondly, the price... 1.99 GBP for the 1st part, usual price 8.99 - but looking at the website, it's both more complicated and expensive than that. The second issue is 4.99 GBP, plus you'll also get charged for binders (1st is "free" but subsequnt ones every 16 issues are 6.99 GBP). I make that over 1200 GBP. And it's still an immobile ornament. Just think of what else you coul get with that ... two 3-speeds come to mind.

:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1:8 DeLorean partwork ... but 1,200+ GBP?!?!? 6 years 8 months ago #45525

Here are some more ripp-offs

1:8 DeLorean partwork ... but 1,200+ GBP?!?!? 6 years 8 months ago #45526

:woohoo: you can have the cap and a tools pack with the jaguar :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
5 fantastics gifts...

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.