Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Movie RC Cars 3 weeks 1 day ago #78116

Re-Watched an Aussie classic, "Malcolm", on the w'end and I'd forgotten about the Sand Scorcher used in the movie.  For those in Oz, it's currently on Netflix.
The movie pre-dates modern CGI, greenscreens, and stuff, so all the gadgets, RC cars, and stunts are real (you can even clearly see the "stunt" doubles in a car scene).  And probably even pre-dates the modern proliferation of 'product endorsements' as in the hobby shop you can barely see any brand labels.  So I doubt Tamiya even knew about it before the movie was released.....

(FYI spoilers below)
(couldn't screenshot my phone, so images from rctoymemories.c...colm-1986/)
The Sand Scorcher

The 'modified' Sand Scorcher

In the local hobby store, buying 3x Hilux RC.  Not sure which ones, as he never builds them.  The 3x chassis are converted into 3x RC Garbage Cans.

Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: caprinut, yogi-bear, stingray-63, 1972 LeMansGT Jim, silvertriple, GToddC5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Movie RC Cars 3 weeks 19 hours ago #78118

The Hilux are tthe hirobo wich marc restored and ended Yesterday.
The following user(s) Liked this: silvertriple, Ducksnuts

Movie RC Cars 3 weeks 19 hours ago #78119

Very cool pics. Never heard of this movie.

I do remember how cool Deadpool with Clint Eastwood was cause it had that black Kyosho rc car rigged with explosives...
The following user(s) Liked this: Ducksnuts

Movie RC Cars 3 weeks 54 minutes ago #78121

certainly a blast from the past, I vaguely remember watching this film. Back in the 80s filming in Australia was almost like the Wild West. There were some tax rules that made it worthwhile to sometimes lose money on a film so there were a lot of smaller independent productions. Also copyright was a lot more lax, so they would have grabbed just whatever is needed and filmed it. Now, especially with a lot more America films being done in Australian, everything has to be 'cleared' for use (although there is a provision for "intended use", but show production companies don't like to risk it). So that last scene, now they would make a lot if not all the products that are seen. I know this as my business makes a lot of fake products for shows here in Australia.
The following user(s) Liked this: Ducksnuts

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.