Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What the .. badword? 12 years 4 months ago #4813

I see a "badword" filter has been implemented - I noticed because the C O O N in "Maine Coon", i.e the breed of my cat, and M U F F in "transmitter muff" now read "Maine badword" and "transmitter badword", respectively.

I think it's the site anyway - the last time a bit of interfering software my end starting censoring what I was reading "naughty" words came up as

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: What the .. badword? 12 years 4 months ago #4814

That indeed seems to be redundant. Now this quote actually gets a weird meaning it didn't have before :

What you need is a big badword to put your hands in to keep warm.

haha, it might keep my hands warm but they will still be stuck in a wet badword :sick

Thought we kept it pretty decent so far. :huh:
Maine coons are the coolest cats though.

Btw - Lars will probably not be able to respond to this quickly at the moment...

Edit : it doesn't catch multiple cats... :pinch:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: What the .. badword? 12 years 4 months ago #4815

Edit : it doesn't catch multiple cats... :pinch:

So "pussies" is ok, but "pussy" isn't? ;)

edit - apparently so :silly:

Re: What the .. badword? 12 years 4 months ago #4838

I noticed that too. My language is normally bad but I thought I was being very restrained on here (Like you do). When you think you're being good by only exclaiming "what the h ell", & it's censored to read "what the badword" it rather implies you actually wrote something much worse or offensive! Thinking about it, I actually quite like the expression "badword", I think I'll start using it - I'll put it in my list of comedy Ed-words like poochute, dogtrot, ladygarden, squishmitten & spange....

Re: What the .. badword? 12 years 4 months ago #4840

I noticed that too. My language is normally bad but I thought I was being very restrained on here (Like you do). When you think you're being good by only exclaiming "what the h ell", & it's censored to read "what the badword" it rather implies you actually wrote something much worse or offensive! Thinking about it, I actually quite like the expression "badword", I think I'll start using it - I'll put it in my list of comedy Ed-words like poochute, dogtrot, ladygarden, squishmitten & spange....

Just saw another one D A M N is badworded out too - and in that context, it looks like I probably typed f*** :whistle:

Re: What the .. badword? 12 years 4 months ago #4841

I think this is kind of stupid - even the mildest expletive is badworded out, but just put spaces in between the letters or pluralise it & it's not censored. The thing is, I bet there are plenty of offensive words that _aren't_ censored ... I just tried a few racial epithets for example - of the 41 I used of the top of my head, only _one_ was censored :blink:

Re: What the .. badword? 12 years 4 months ago #4842

Ha, what's more offensive "Your mother breeds out of season" or "you badword idiot"? (Where badword is d amn or similar). Could get quite entertaining swearing at eachother just for the sake of finding out what you can/can't get away with! Lets face it, if you really MEAN to offend someone, you'd probably find a way around the censoring

Re: What the .. badword? 12 years 4 months ago #4843

Gents,
The point of a bad word filter is not to find the loopholes... it is to remove the obvious swearing and offensive words.
Anyone can avoid a badword filter, but doing so would break the rules of this site.
The current list of banned words is very limited, only explicit words are there.

Finally, the badwords are not permanently removed, they are only replaced when sent to someone's computer.

Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: What the .. badword? 12 years 4 months ago #4892

would be funny if you typed "badword" in a post and it was replaced automatically with a funny word. like, you are a "badword" person, could be posted as you are a fluffy person.??????

Last edit: by agemax.

Re: What the .. badword? 12 years 4 months ago #4893

:lol: But it might be an idea to not use "badword" but another unrelated word.
Like "fluffy" or "bananas"...

I actually learned a curseword (Maine youknowwhat) because it was replaced. :huh:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.