Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Defending a penalty fare when you've got a ticket 12 years 3 months ago #5616

For those that aren't also on TRC, I recently had the misfortune of travelling out of King's Cross. The train was late, and I didn't get where I needed to get to by the time that I needed to get there by. But most annoying of all, having bought the ticket, I lost it/had its stolen (its not been handed in, so arguably even if I did lose it, its theft by finding) and couldn't show a ticket at the other end. So I got a penalty fare. Turns out that I have no defence to the penalty fare, and there isn't even a sensible appeals service. I don't think this is fare, especially since if the railways tried to prosecute me for intending to evade a fare (the only charge they can bring against me outside of their penalty fare regime, I believe), they would lose hands down.

Some of you may not care, as you don't use the train system. Some of you may thing that train companies are right to fine people who have paid if they lose their tickets. At twice the rate of the most expensive ticket they could have bought, with a minimum of

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Defending a penalty fare when you've got a ticket 12 years 3 months ago #5617

First of all - welcome! :)

You're free to post anything (decent) in this section of the forum so it'll definitely not get deleted.
Making it a sticky is a bit much though... ;)
But posting an update now and then will also keep it under the attention.
Maybe you could provide the link to the HM Government's website btw.

I live in the Netherlands so it's a bit far-fetched to sign myself...
Here we just got screwed over by a new megalomanic 4.000.000.000 euro chip system that about doubled the prices. :angry:

Good luck with the petition - would love to also see your vintage cars though!

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Defending a penalty fare when you've got a ticket 12 years 3 months ago #5618

Thanks. Cars are a bit of a work in progress at the minute. The Grasshopper is mostly there, but the hornet is missing a few bits.

Petition is linked below. Thought I has put a URL in, but missed it.

epetitions.dire...ions/26982

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.