Keyword

Poll: Which Battery Connectors do you use? (was ended 0000-00-00 00:00:00)

Tamiya
9 37.5%
Deans
9 37.5%
Traxxas
1 4.2%
Corally
No votes 0%
Powerpoles
1 4.2%
Something else
4 16.7%
Total number of voters: 24 ( blakbird, AndyAus, rseery, dreadly, Manotas ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

TOPIC:

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 11 months ago #21695

If it's running NiCd Tamiya connectors. Lipo gets Anderson PP unless its under 1300 mah then it's JST.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 11 months ago #21709

Back in the 80's and 90's I ran the Power Poles. Great plugs, and they NEVER ever get hot. I started to run deans because PP's are getting hard to find in my area. Now I run deans only. TIP: on deans connectors you want to put both the battery side and esc side connectors together while soldering (don't short the battery out!). This ensures that the plastic housing doesn't let the connector move around while hot. Let the connectors cool then pull apart. You will have a smooth easy to plug/unplug connector. I would still run PP's today if they where easier to get here in California.

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 11 months ago #21711

'tamiya' gold plugs from C

Last edit: by waterbok.

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 11 months ago #21712

i use gold plugs
Attachments:

Last edit: by ramblin ron.

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 11 months ago #21714

Back in the 80's and 90's I ran the Power Poles. Great plugs, and they NEVER ever get hot. I started to run deans because PP's are getting hard to find in my area. Now I run deans only. TIP: on deans connectors you want to put both the battery side and esc side connectors together while soldering (don't short the battery out!). This ensures that the plastic housing doesn't let the connector move around while hot. Let the connectors cool then pull apart. You will have a smooth easy to plug/unplug connector. I would still run PP's today if they where easier to get here in California.

www.powerwerx.c...pole-sets/
www.andersonpow...ctors.html

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 11 months ago #21718

Bump for funkindemup. ;)

Thanks Edou! I've read it already in a german rc-forum. I've ordered some XT60 and will solder the motor to the ESC 'cause they have to be marriaged ;)

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 11 months ago #21720

I'm still using Powerpoles on NiCad & NiMH ... My LiPo packs came with XT60s & I've left them alone - it'll help me to remember that charging & handling needs to be different.

:)

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 11 months ago #21725

Bump for funkindemup. ;)

Thanks Edou! I've read it already in a german rc-forum. I've ordered some XT60 and will solder the motor to the ESC 'cause they have to be marriaged ;)

you can squeeze the 4 bits of a pole a bit then the connector will have a less tight fit.
dont forget to put a male and female together while soldering.

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 10 months ago #22060

Connectors arrived. Do i have to say more?

Last edit: by funkindemup.

Which Battery Connectors do you use? 10 years 6 months ago #25933

i use deans, once you have a system they are easy to take apart, i mostly like them because of the fact that you can re use the connectors by just desoldering the wires

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.337 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.