Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

i might get 2 1/8 and 1/10 nitro buggies 11 years 2 months ago #19113

yeah, i might get a 1/8 nitro buggy, chassis, difs, a-arms and whatnot, going to sell that and a:
hsp warhead/redcat tornado exceed rc buggy(forgot which) theyr'e all the same its very generic i was thinking would it be easy to convert it to brushless?

i was thinking to go for a 1/8 power system for that added POWER!! probably not though
3500kv brushless 80a esc, metal geard bluebird servo 2.4 ghz gun radio and 3s lipo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

i might get 2 1/8 and 1/10 nitro buggies 11 years 2 months ago #19193

Wazzup with the plans? Can't say much myself about the nitro to electro conversion...

i might get 2 1/8 and 1/10 nitro buggies 11 years 2 months ago #19194

I think I actually have a set of those same tyres (just 1/10)...
Planned to put them on Manta Ray rims but they were slightly too small for that.

For that matter, I've used their shocks too. Although they were sold "brandless" on eBay. Cheap as chips but pretty good.

Last edit: by Edou.

i might get 2 1/8 and 1/10 nitro buggies 11 years 2 months ago #19195

Usually there are some conversion kits on the market for some nitro cars. Like my Losi Eight truggy. I got a conversion kit for that one. Now it went from a 4.8nitro block to a 2200Kv motor and a Mamba monster max set. It goes on 3s lipo's wich gives it a reasonable speed and enough power.

Also got some nitro cars, a Hongnor buggy, a hpi trophy truggy, a Ishima rave and a losi buggy.
Too bad i haven't got the time any more to take them out so much as i intended to do :cry:

But all and all i find both worlds, nitro and brushless got their charms :)

Cheers, Bram
Restoring Countach 58005
Restoring 58015 RR
Restoring 58098 F40
Restoring King Cab and Monsterracer
Restoring Audi Quattro rally
Restoring Mk.1 Sand Scorcher
Restoring Porsche 936

i might get 2 1/8 and 1/10 nitro buggies 11 years 2 months ago #19214

:lol:
In France, now are more brushless 1/8 than nitro. It is easier to put on service.
Last week end I ran with my son and his TS2N and my serpent impulse street spec. Noise and odour are MAGIC :evil: . I missed to run. Next stage, a good baroud with my USA1 nitro crusher... :y:

i might get 2 1/8 and 1/10 nitro buggies 11 years 2 months ago #19217

Watch the HSP chassis, it's designed to be a small-wheel nitro car & there's not much provision for changing the gear ratio to run electric (Or big wheel).

I've got their electric Bug Crusher sat here, which is essentially the same chassis & gearbox setup & I've had to do loads of mods to get it geared lower. It's still not low enough for a modified 27T motor (They come fitted with a high-torque low rev 540) even with much smaller wheels, but there's no room to get a bigger spur or smaller pinion in it, all the bits barely miss eachother (After a lot of machining special parts) & it seems to me the only solution is going to be to add an extra stage to the gearbox!

Problem is that nitro motors don't rev as high as electric motors & make their pulling power lower down the rev range than electric (Sort of akin to a high-revving crawler motor, if you can imagine that). Not a problem if there's room to gear the car down A LOT, but the HSP chassis doesn't have the space.

i might get 2 1/8 and 1/10 nitro buggies 11 years 2 months ago #19229

Attachments:

Last edit: by zephyrin.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds