Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Best Pinion to use on Hotshot Re-release build 11 years 4 months ago #16879

Hi Folks,
hopefully this is the correct topic to post here. I'm building a new Re-Release Hotshot and after having very succesful results running a Sport Tuned motor in a M03 chassis I have opted to install one in the Hotshot build. What would you recommend the best pinion to use? As we know the kit comes with a selection of different pinion sizes. Checking my original Hotshot manual (1985) it mentions that the 13T pinion is the default recommended so I was going to stick with that, however would any of the others be better suited?
Many thanks :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Best Pinion to use on Hotshot Re-release build 11 years 4 months ago #16885

Looking at the re-re manual, 13T and 15T pinions are supplied (and 16T & 17T suggested as options) - but it doesn't recommend the 13T or 15T for any particular circumstance...

Personally I'd stick with the 13T for both the supplied "silvercan" (27 turn) motor, or the 23-turn Sport Tuned motor, and only consider a 15T if the top speed is a problem (i.e. a track where the ground is hard packed & has long straights/open corners).

I can't imagine using a 16T or 17T pinion - though it might work with a higher turn motor - like a 35 turn?
The following user(s) Liked this: petehuws

Re: Best Pinion to use on Hotshot Re-release build 11 years 4 months ago #16901

I use the 13t in my Technigold powered Supershot, seems to work great. I use the 15t in my (overpowered) brushless re-re Boomerang and it is quite fast. Likewise I cannot really see a use for the bigger pinions unless you are going for a land speed record.
The following user(s) Liked this: petehuws

Re: Best Pinion to use on Hotshot Re-release build 11 years 4 months ago #16902

Johnny Retro, Vara,
Many thanks.... :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.