Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Lunchbox 10 years 11 months ago #21371

Hi

im thinking of buying a re release lunchbox as i fancy building a new kit and i have never built one before. i wanted to fit some cva shocks to it and was wondering if i could buy them as a set with everything needed to fit them? does anyone know where i can buy them and are they worth the upgrade?

ps. when i keep clicking on the home button on the site i keep getting an error message does anyone else have this problem? i keep having to use my back button to navigate the site :(

error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10010465 bytes) in /home/admin/public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/storage/file.php on line 142

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Lunchbox 10 years 11 months ago #21372

You'll need 2 sets of the Tamiya 50520 CVA's or there's some alloy china shocks made to fit. eBay is the best place I've seen to get them.

Lunchbox 10 years 11 months ago #21398

I am selling my first release lunch (1987) It is restored with new parts. The body has some cracks. If you want I can sell you the CVA set with it. You just need stering rods radio gears and esc. The gear box is the original but if you want I have a nib.

Attachments:

Last edit: by stingray-63.

Lunchbox 10 years 11 months ago #21407

Very tempting stingray but i have already ordered my kit i fancied a new build but that is a lovely original lunchbox B)

Postage cost would probably be an issue anyway

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Lunchbox 10 years 11 months ago #21408

If I where you... I would try the OEM "pogo stick" shocks first. Honestly my daughters lunch box is a blast for her to run... ... ... Bouncy, bouncy! But still very easy to control.

Thats a re-re lunchy using the 105 esc and a 2200 mah nicd. The controller is a 3PRKA for $66.00 from my LHS, and is 100% glitch free and NO external antenna to break. The only down side is no removable battery tray (unless you disassemble it) and no charge port, but It only takes four AA's and last almost forever on those.

Enjoy the build and have fun with it :)

Lunchbox 10 years 11 months ago #21413

Yeah i have been told the handling is so bad its part of the fun of running them :laugh:

I dont really see the point of going overboard upgrading them they are not about that they are what they are i dont think they are supposed to be too serious just for fun but i think its a pretty iconic Tamiya model which is why i want one in my collection.

That mystery machine paint job is great :laugh:

Lunchbox 10 years 11 months ago #21422

Hi

ps. when i keep clicking on the home button on the site i keep getting an error message does anyone else have this problem? i keep having to use my back button to navigate the site :(

error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 10010465 bytes) in /home/admin/public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/storage/file.php on line 142

Hi Tamiya Nut,
clear your web browser cache, the same thing was happening to me,

regards

Johann
The following user(s) Liked this: tamiya nut

Lunchbox 10 years 11 months ago #21423

Cheers Yogi-bear worked a treat :y:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.