Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

will they re-release the srb f150? 9 years 2 months ago #33661

Wondering if you believe Tamiya will be 're-releasing the F150 ranger on the web chassis?
I always liked the look of the kit with prices still pretty high on the origional I have been thinking about building my own re-release with a blackfoot body and a scorcher chassis.
I would wait if most believe big T will be doing the work for me.
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

will they re-release the srb f150? 9 years 2 months ago #33662

Web chassis?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

will they re-release the srb f150? 9 years 2 months ago #33663

Srb, phone auto corrected...

will they re-release the srb f150? 9 years 2 months ago #33664

Srb, phone auto corrected...

Ah :laugh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

will they re-release the srb f150? 9 years 2 months ago #33665

Almost certainly I'd say. Not quite as the original, it'd have the re-re Scorcher/Buggy Champ chassis, re-re Brat wheels/tyres, the body & bits from the Blackfoot III (so missing FORD & F150 Custom from the moulding, a different grille & darker glass), and de-sponsored decals.

Rising prices & interest in the original tend to be a good measure, I wouldn't be overly surprised if we see an announcement at the next big fair, then again maybe they'd want to leave it another year to maximise the Super Champ re-re's shelf time.

The "rule of pairs" is often cited when hypothesising about re-releases, in this case there's 3 with the same chassis & one "odd" one, but two of the three & the odd one have been re-released so that's another check mark.

Then there's the Monster Beetle ... you'd think everything has been in place for several years, but nothing ...

Of course it's just as likely it'll come on a wildly inappropriate chassis, maybe a wheelie chassis, or a loweriding M chassis ... Of course it would also have to have a new name, and Tamiya couldn't call it something related like "Baja Racer", they'd have to get the wrong continent & call it something like "Desert Trekker" :whistle:

Short answer: yes, never, or a a screwball version.

:)
The following user(s) Liked this: waterbok

will they re-release the srb f150? 9 years 2 months ago #33669

I would try and score a nice used Blackfoot body and SRB chassis + new brat wheels and DIY together with some hopups to improve driving, damper, alloy chassis plate and steering for example.
In the end it will be better as the 'maybe' rere (and cheaper?).

Last edit: by waterbok.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.