Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re-re Monster Beetle 8 years 1 month ago #37462

Just opened my 2015 monster beetle and for the 2nd time in my life I'm very disappointed in Mr Tamiya. There are 3 extra holes in the body and no rear window! They plugged the side holes for the sand scorcher body why not plug the roof and extra bonnet holes for the MB? At least I was able to source the proper windows for a reasonable price.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re-re Monster Beetle 8 years 1 month ago #37464

Me too. I was very desappointed with the holes. More with the plastic quality of the main body.... .

Re-re Monster Beetle 8 years 1 month ago #37507

All of the re-released sets are different to their original counterparts. In some ways they're better & in others they're apparently worse. Tamiya wouldve needed to keep the manufacturing costs down to reduce the final price & make sure they're priced to sell. You have the option of paying a large sum of money to get the original set but that's not really an option if you're wanting to run it. I've never seen windows on any real monster truck/vehicle & don't see the need on the rear.
My other car is a Tamiya - bumper sticker on my van

Re-re Monster Beetle 8 years 1 month ago #37514

:) I payed my original MB 50% less than my rere. Same if the body was in a very bad state. With a new Sand scorcher rere body, it was cheaper than the rere. THIS body is the same between MB and SS rere but the quality is worse on the MB rere.

Re-re Monster Beetle 8 years 1 month ago #37519

I understand keeping costs down. That's why I've come to accept the fake sponsor stickers and the lack of Ford on the f-150, Midnight Pumpkin and chevy on the clodbuster. Having better dog bones on all the frog based chassis is a plus with the re-res. And the more serviceable wr-02 based Willy and Honda City. But they dropped the ball on the MB and Bruiser bodies with all the extra holes.
Back in the day of metal bodied monster trucks they had all their windows. Probably were lexan though.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.