Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sand rover 58500 and varints 6 years 9 months ago #45298

Hey follow members,
Just had a question I am not finding and answer too, forgive me if someone else has covered this.......:)
I am considering a Sand rover re-re of some type as there seems to be 3 different variations on it now. My question is what the heck is the body made from?? Is it a type of plastic that I could glue and fill with styrene sheet and paint? Just in case I say...wanted to fill the silly holes in the hood. ;) For a custom project.... I know the 58500 comes in white and you can paint it but what is it??
I know the original Holiday Buggy was a soft plastic that would not glue but the Rover was regular styrene that was easy to work with. So has anyone bought one and tried this?? Please help, I know it will make a fun backyard basher even if you can't do anything else with it but I would like to change it up a bit if I can, I really don't like the idea of having holes in the hood so.......

Thanks....
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sand rover 58500 and varints 6 years 9 months ago #45299

It is made of ABS plastic. That means you can work with it alright. Styrene, Cyanoacrylate, Tamiya putty, and regular primers and enamels will go excellent with it. Good luck with the mods, and don't forget to share some pictures of the work you do with that one ;)

Sand rover 58500 and varints 6 years 9 months ago #45302

Hey follow members,
Just had a question I am not finding and answer too, forgive me if someone else has covered this.......:)
I am considering a Sand rover re-re of some type as there seems to be 3 different variations on it now. My question is what the heck is the body made from?? Is it a type of plastic that I could glue and fill with styrene sheet and paint? Just in case I say...wanted to fill the silly holes in the hood. ;) For a custom project.... I know the 58500 comes in white and you can paint it but what is it??
I know the original Holiday Buggy was a soft plastic that would not glue but the Rover was regular styrene that was easy to work with. So has anyone bought one and tried this?? Please help, I know it will make a fun backyard basher even if you can't do anything else with it but I would like to change it up a bit if I can, I really don't like the idea of having holes in the hood so.......

Thanks....

sites.google.co...sand-rover

Sand rover 58500 and varints 6 years 9 months ago #45304

3 versions? I'm aware of the Sand Rover 2011, Street Rover and "XB" (pre-built) versions ...

The Holiday Buggy (vintage and re-releases) body ary polyethylene, but a s mongoose said the Rovers are ABS :y: I added power bulges & a fake load to hide the butchery on the one I had :)

Attachments:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Sand rover 58500 and varints 6 years 9 months ago #45314

Hey Jonny,
I did stumble across another version the R/C buggy Kumamon version kit 58615
www.tamiyausa.c...t-id=58615
It looks like that one comes with a strange bear for a driver and different decals. A quick look at the manual shows the regular driver parts on the A tree as "not used" but knowing Tamiya they are most likely still on the tree although I can't confirm it. Yet....
Might be a good option for doing something not box stock too. I like the bulges and fake load in the back, really cleans up the look of it. I am looking to build something cool but cheap in case it gets broken by a small child.

and Thanks for the build article like too Madrid, some interesting work, lots of good ideas...hmmmmmm.....
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Sand rover 58500 and varints 6 years 9 months ago #45315

Hey Jonny,
I did stumble across another version the R/C buggy Kumamon version kit 58615
www.tamiyausa.c...t-id=58615
It looks like that one comes with a strange bear for a driver and different decals. A quick look at the manual shows the regular driver parts on the A tree as "not used" but knowing Tamiya they are most likely still on the tree although I can't confirm it. Yet....
Might be a good option for doing something not box stock too. I like the bulges and fake load in the back, really cleans up the look of it. I am looking to build something cool but cheap in case it gets broken by a small child.

and Thanks for the build article like too Madrid, some interesting work, lots of good ideas...hmmmmmm.....

RARE STEERING WHEEL

KU MAMON
(NOTE......MAMON IN Spaniard IS, SUCK [deleted] ) :laugh:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro. Reason: Rule 1 / 2 violation

Sand rover 58500 and varints 6 years 9 months ago #45316

I must have mentally blocked out the Bear version :S

Sand rover 58500 and varints 6 years 9 months ago #45317

I must have mentally blocked out the Bear version :S

WITH DISCARDED STICKERS, YOU CAN DECORATE YOUR IPHONE
:risa:

Last edit: by Tamiya Madrid.
  • Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.