Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

rcchannel for fighting buggy very bad and unfinished/missing parts 6 years 8 months ago #45751

i love my fighting buggy. the locked differensial and full floating suspension rules together!

i drive only in bumpy terrain so if you like smooth terrain let me stop you here. no good will come from reading any further!

i have the rcchannel upgraded rear shock wich is good on the stock car / it is slightly longer wich is good for increasing the ride height on the back also to reduce the floppy wheel effect of the stock articulation and travel limiters. im very happy with that setup.

----
i also put foam in both the front and rear tires. very happy with this setup. deffinatly sticking with the stock tires and beadlock rims.

---
anyway..i got the rcchannel rear suspension upgrade kit expecting to like it. wow im not happy at all! im trying to return it and its multiple problems back to the factory.

where to begin... where to begin.... might be easier to list the problems.

1- its not complete! the rear bumper plate does not exist leaving the roll cage a massive problem to damage and could bend if you test the suspension with your hand or crash.... very bad indeed!

clearly this is a smooth surface "upgrade" for for the other srb that was installed on the fighting buggy because its a srb too.... it is not finished on the fighting buggy... it fits much better as a kit on the ss and others.

2- rear suspension is falling rate instead of the stock rising rate wich was good.

3- the rear shock is NOW way to short so wheel travel will be a half inch.

4- the suspension limiters are a down grade from the stock fighting buggy. it blows thru the very short travel on one wheel constantly causing bad crashing at the drop of a hat!

5- tiny 2.5mm grub screws on the axles suck !!. m3 is very nice on the stock axle.

6- more short little 2.5mm grub screws on the suspension shaft are a massive downgrade from the stock shafts.

7- the tires hit the suspension linkage so you have to trim to much of the knobbies off.

8-its just terrible! even if you pollish this badword with more stock parts to delete the garbage rcchannel parts it will still be getting its badword kicked offroad by a nearly stock fighting buggy...

---
not happy. plan B

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by sublunacy.

rcchannel for fighting buggy very bad and unfinished/missing parts 6 years 8 months ago #45756

Culd you post some pictures of your modifications?
A custom is always nice to see.

rcchannel for fighting buggy very bad and unfinished/missing parts 6 years 8 months ago #45761

Agree with Flo.
Pictures of your setup and the problems would be clarifying.
:y:
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

rcchannel for fighting buggy very bad and unfinished/missing parts 6 years 8 months ago #45770

since i have two fighting buggys i will mess with the multilink suspension more today.

---
1-first im going to thread the axles from 2.5mm to an 4mm size grub screw.

2-then see how far the axles can go up and down without binding at the joints.

3-then remount the stock suspension arms and bumper/bumper plate and suspension shafts.

4-then modify the links to get more travel with out damage.

5-then cut off the rcchannel suspension limiters

6-then measure and install a longer rear shock.

----
then it would be as good or better than a stock FB

rcchannel for fighting buggy very bad and unfinished/missing parts 6 years 7 months ago #45800

been wanting a buggy champ or a sand scorcher/ nows my chance since my second fighting buggy is missing parts still... i am now building a super champ i think with the rcchannel parts i have. this will eliminate all the problems i hope. still have to ditch the small grub screws on the axles but otherwise it seems to be much more problem free and a alot easier to work on.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.