Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. 2 years 9 months ago #67304

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft.Hi
I am going to purchase a MIP diff kit for my 2005 Frog Re-release #58354. Does the above "universal drive shaft kit" come in the kit, so no need to purchase this part when fitting the MIP?
Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. 2 years 9 months ago #67305

Hey there, The 2005 Frog comes with the dog bone type drive shafts but these still work with the MIP diff kit 😊

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
Attachments:
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, jord001

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. 2 years 9 months ago #67307

Thanks for reply.
To clarify no need to buy the additional universal drive shaft part as I can use the existing new style parts which come the 2005 re-re?
Regards
The following user(s) Liked this: jord001

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. 2 years 9 months ago #67316

Thanks for reply.
To clarify no need to buy the additional universal drive shaft part as I can use the existing new style parts which come the 2005 re-re?
Regards

Correct :) 
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. 2 years 9 months ago #67317

Great.
One other question, do I need to change the gearing to the "diff gear set 9335026" with 16t pinion? Or again is that only applicable to the 80s model?
Thank you for your help.

Regards

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. 2 years 9 months ago #67321

If you are installing the MiP diff on the re-release Frog, you should not need any additional parts.

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. 2 years 9 months ago #67323

If you are installing the MiP diff on the re-release Frog, you should not need any additional parts

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. 2 years 9 months ago #67324

👍

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. 2 years 9 months ago #67328

if your going to put a bigger motor in it YES UPGRADE T:O 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. YES UPGRADE from the normal dog bones
the normal dog bones will keep poping out so yes must upgrade ok
i would
upgrade anyway its just better if u do now with the bigger gear in then not do it i have this gear in my one and i upgraded my shafts same time
DO IT you will thank me later i know having to stop every 10 min to pop them back in its a pain in the neck

Last edit: by spannerman3.

Re: 53908 Tamiya Frog Assembly Universal Drive Shaft. 2 years 9 months ago #67329

Thanks 🙂

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.