Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Your predictions for 2012 re-releases? 12 years 4 months ago #5067

Thought it might be interesting to share our ideas/hopes/fears of what might get re-released in 2012 - then look back next year & see who was closest, or who got it completely wrong ... I think we better have some rules so no-one can post something like "I predict Tamiya will release several cars with wheels at each corner" & claim victory :P - so let's cite body, what chassis it'll be on, and your reasoning ... let's limit it to 1/2 a dozen too.

Most of my reasoning will be the "rule of pairs" - where Tamiya gets more mileage out of their chassis' in new releases & re-re's too - Brat/Frog, Grasshopper/Hornet, Pumkpin/Lunchbox, Sand Rover/Holiday Buggy, Montero/VW Camper (not a re-re I know), Hotshot/Boomerang, Sand Scorcher/Buggery Champ, etc, etc ... Of course there have been some notable exceptions where the "partner" car wasn't re-released: Super Clodbuster (no Super Bullhead), Wild Willy 2 (no Willy's wheeler 2 - not unless you count the incomplete re-re body), XR311 (no Cheetah, not in 2000 anyway).

So, in no particular order:

Monster Beetle - hopefully on an ORV chassis of some description - but I fear it could be the same as the Blackfoot 3 :sick:

Fox - on a fairly faithful chassis - rule of pairs means something very similar to the Supershot will appear - and a Fox is a 2WD Hotshot ... right?

Wild One - fairly faithful re-re - rule of pairs again (FAV)

Ranger - on the SRB chassis, but de-Forded body - Tamiya realise they can make a bit more money out of the SRB ;)

Super Champ - a fairly faithful re-re - but with a 60% price premium over the other SRB re-res :blink: A Super Champ is on my wishlist, maybe I'll get one next year - and 2/3rds of the vintage cars I buy get re-released very shortly after ...

Bruiser - but probably not a 100% faithful re-re, expect the highlift chassis with big wheels & an unbranded shell - reason is it's also on my wishlist.

edit - had to change the thread title - it's bad when you don't know what year it is :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Re: Your predictions for 2012 re-releases? 12 years 4 months ago #5078

- ranger (could take the BF III shell and put it on my scorcher)
- bruiser/mountaineer (RCchannel already has the axles in store :whistle: )

Re: Your predictions for 2012 re-releases? 12 years 4 months ago #5079

I'll have to contemplate on this one...
But I can express some wishful thinking - The Top Force Evo.
In all it's hopped up glory. :woohoo:
Forgive me it's not officially a vintage car. ;)

All this under the provision I'll have the budget to buy it.
Otherwise it would just be torture. :sick:

Re: Your predictions for 2012 re-releases? 12 years 4 months ago #5316

Okay here's one - a new Clod Buster. :huh:
Seems they've been recently discontinued and the 25th anniversary is coming up.
And according to the pair theory they would also release the Bullhead again.

:whistle:

Re: Your predictions for 2012 re-releases? 12 years 3 months ago #6622

RC Super Clod Buster 58518

The Super Clod Buster is back! This monster truck features a body that was inspired by classic pick-up trucks from the 1980's, giving it a realistic appearance. The front grille, air intake and roll bar are recreated with metal-plated parts. The truck also features a twin-motor dual gearbox 4WD drivetrain, 8 coil spring dampers and massive 165mm diameter tires, as well as a 4-wheel drive steering system to help the model navigate tight corners.

Specs and Features
# 1/10 scale R/C assembly kit.
# The Super Clod Buster body has been reproduced in injection-molded plastic.
# Highly-durable bathtub type monocoque chassis frame.
# Front/rear trailing arm suspension with 8 coil spring dampers.
# Front/rear sealed gearboxes are equipped with differential gears.
# Kit includes TEU-103BK ESC. (Original kit included a mechanical speed controller)
# Two 540 motors included.
# Sticker sheet included.

:silly:

Edit - I can't really take credit for coming up with it though... :huh: :whistle:

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Your predictions for 2012 re-releases? 12 years 3 months ago #6660

I'm gonna go Audi Quattro Rally on the Blackfoot 3 chassis (Or maybe whatever chassis that hippy bus is on) with darth rover wheels

Re: Your predictions for 2012 re-releases? 12 years 3 months ago #6664

I was (partly) right on the Bruiser then :whistle:

Re: Your predictions for 2012 re-releases? 12 years 3 months ago #6674

Like the bonnet scoop/fake engine detail on the new clod, it's got grrr. Don't like the grille, it's got bleugh. Wonder if they've sorted the steering yet?. Hopefully it'll provide me with a chevy pickup shell soon...

Re: Your predictions for 2012 re-releases? 12 years 3 weeks ago #8928

Hey! I got one right : 58535 Bullhead (2012). B)

Re: Your predictions for 2012 re-releases? 12 years 3 weeks ago #8951

Hey! I got one right : 58535 Bullhead (2012). B)

Well, it was bound to happen - I just finished "restoring" one :whistle:

I claim another cookie for saying "Wild One" though :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.