Keyword

TOPIC:

Fighter Buggy RX tart up 11 years 2 months ago #18877

Saw this on eBay looking a bit sorry for itself ... and very cheap :y:

Rear tyres are very bald, rear shocks & fittings are missing, as are the gearbox pivot, "joint" and "joint holder" that allow a bit of rotation... but the plan is to spend as little as possible on it :)

Decals & paint are very poor :whistle: I've whipped off the former ready to strip off the latter ...

I'm sure this will amuse eddrick : possibly the worlds worst example of soldering. Not only does it look like pigeons did it ...

... it was a dry joint - note the hole where I pulled the wire out :blink:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Fighter Buggy RX tart up 11 years 2 months ago #18882

Hahaha yes it did! Even better that even after that amount of daubing it still wasn't stuck!
Shouldn't laugh really, it may have been a first ever attempt at soldering by someone who will eventually become a politician, salesman, teacher, doctor etc, or maybe by a horse (They struggle due to lack of fingers)

Fighter Buggy RX tart up 11 years 2 months ago #18883

:blink:
fIGHTER RX special edition :sick:
Worse than my poorest car. If it was cheap it's a good piece for spares and the body can be used for the rookie rabbit :P
Nice yoghourt paint :y: :lol:

Fighter Buggy RX tart up 11 years 2 months ago #18884

Hmm yoghurt paint.... have you tasted it yet Jonny?
Wattle-n-daube (Chicken doo-doo & straw) kinda sprung into the mind there for a bit

Fighter Buggy RX tart up 11 years 2 months ago #18886

I will test the fork and spoon painting. Maybe a new mode??? :lol: Or better with tipp ex on my rookie rabbit :silly:
Jonny maybe is it a new ABS reinforcement method?

Fighter Buggy RX tart up 11 years 3 weeks ago #20469

Not much progress on this one, I've dismantled & cleaned it, and stripped the manky paint off ... I've also glued, filled, sanded & repainted the driver in the correct boxart scheme - it looks ok from a metre away :whistle:

Attachments:

Fighter Buggy RX tart up 10 years 10 months ago #22735

Progress is not very fast on this, but I have made a little progress ...

Paint stripping (with UK recipe De-Solv-it Grafitti Remover) failed to get a lot of maky bits off...

... but 320 grit paper got it off...

... followed by a wet sand with 800 grit to get it more even:

This left a few dents/scratches that needing sorting with filler (Squadron White Putty)...

After sanding back it's ready for primer:

Showing progress on white bodies is especially difficult ... you can expect several more near-identical shots with primer, more sanding, white paint, clear, etc ... :whistle; :)

Fighter Buggy RX tart up 10 years 10 months ago #22736

Still it looks a heap load better just removing that manky paint :sick: :y:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Fighter Buggy RX tart up 10 years 10 months ago #22746

:silly: I'm waiting mine bought on the bay for 40,50€ just to have a rookie rabbit brother.

Fighter Buggy RX tart up 10 years 10 months ago #22752

Probably the ugliest Tamiya car ever produced I see what you mean about poor handling two wheel drive basic buggies Jon one of these is too many :laugh: :whistle: paint it stealth colours at least you wont have to look at that body :sick: :blink: I thought you didn't do spacy whizzy buggies

Last edit: by tamiya nut.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.