Keyword

TOPIC:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 8 months ago #24193

Following on from other decal sets that avoid Tamiya's ire (including Rollin' Thunder and Cannonball Run ambulance sets for the Lunchbox), screenprintdigital have launched a "Budget Bug" set based on a real 1:1 Baja racer:

:) :y:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 8 months ago #24196

They look very good :y: its a nice way around Tamiya I would definitely use a set like that I like their way of thinking

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 8 months ago #24197

:cry: The 1:1 looks like my ex beetle :cry: :y: :y: :y:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24658

I've been thinking about this some more, I found some more pics of the 1:1 car on the Old off road pics thread at www.race-dezert.com ... I think it's eminently do-able, not as a 100% replica but something reasonably close - cut down arches/rear end/sills, remove bonnet (hood) replace with something more like a tonneau cover, make a sun visor, fit nets etc.

I have a Scorcher body & set of wheels doing nothing, I just need to find a cheap way of holding them the right distances apart :)

Attachments:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24673

I started hacking on the body - I'd already glued the nose on in past & that made things a little more difficult than they needed to be...

Bonnet is gone, as is most of the left sill ... right I just want to make a bit narrower; front arches are now shorter & narrower:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24674

Nose had to come right off so it can be refitted lower down, back end has lost a big chunk, rear arches are shorter & narrower, front window quarterlights are gone.

That's all the subtractions done, next task is to build some sort of structure to fit the nose against & create the tonneau cover against :blink:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24675

Jonny

Great work, you will need a set of these wheel inserts

www.shapeways.c...erialId=62

Terragni :cheer:
Attachments:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24676

:woohoo: wonderfull Jonny :y:

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24688

Jonny

Great work, you will need a set of these wheel inserts

That would be nice ... along with Rough Rider/FAV wheels & tyres, and an SRB chassis ...

Unfortunately it's not going to happen, realistically the best this body can hope for is that it might get to sit on a Scorcher chassis occasionally :(

"Budget Bug" decals for Sand Scorcher, etc 10 years 7 months ago #24690

How did you cut it? somekind of thread saw technique? Becuase it seems you didnt loose a lot of material.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.