Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Stretched CC-01 Clod crew cab 11 years 11 months ago #9740

I'm sure there are times when you could need to get 5 people and an awkward shaped load somewhere, I just think there must be more elegant ways of doing it :)

Hahaha, I'm sure there are...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Stretched CC-01 Clod crew cab 11 years 11 months ago #9744

Stretched to the max! :lol:

Attachments:

Re: Stretched CC-01 Clod crew cab 11 years 11 months ago #9755

I had to replace the front wing panels, because they where cut and shortened for some reason, and the bumper didn't fit.

Our friend Mr Tamiya made a perfect cutting line

Here is the donor panel fitted

I have too extend this panel a bit, because the bumper doesn't cover it completely.

Here is the bumper loosely fitted, it's from a old Blackfoot grill.

I'll have some more progress soon, and pictures of the chassis. Just waiting for threaded rod and ball joint to arrive...

Re: Stretched CC-01 Clod crew cab 11 years 11 months ago #9774

Looks very authentic to a 1:1, put in a blue door and leave it like that! ;)

Re: Stretched CC-01 Clod crew cab 11 years 11 months ago #9789

Chassis almost finished...

And here is how she'll sit

Some of the old articulation shots...

And finally a picture she is very loosely based on...

Might still do that hood, not sure yet.

Re: Stretched CC-01 Clod crew cab 11 years 11 months ago #9790

Nice work so far.. I like that truck you're drawing inspiration from, too. The cowl-induction hood would make a nice change from other Clods (as if the crew-cab wasn't, haha) which all have big scoops sticking out.

Re: Stretched CC-01 Clod crew cab 11 years 11 months ago #9792

Looking very good so far. :) :y:

Re: Stretched CC-01 Clod crew cab 11 years 10 months ago #9920

Got a little more done, work has got me traveling again. So when I'm home, my wife and daughter take preference.

Got my HPI retro 5 spoke rims installed, I think they look great on there. This is where my inspiration is coming from at the moment...

I must still work on the back doors, before I spray the main color...

Re: Stretched CC-01 Clod crew cab 11 years 10 months ago #10249

Well, I hate to say it, but work has taken over my hobby time lately. But I had some time now over the weekend to work on the crew cab for a bit.

Finished suspension:

Covered the 3mm rod with hollow carbon fibre tube, and like I thought, it stiffened up the rear quite nicely. I'll test her on the trails this coming weekend, and if I'm not happy, I'll install a panard bar to keep the rear straight and in line.

This is the overall look of the truck now. Roof rack with spots will be joined to the original rollbar.

And I decided to cut out the rear lights and install old F350 light buckets, and I'll install my light controller for signal, brake, main beam, park lights, spots, and reverse lights.

Cut down F350 tail lights:

Hopefully I'll get some color on her this week...

Re: Stretched CC-01 Clod crew cab 11 years 7 months ago #12606

Ok, so I was getting tired of seeing this truck in pieces in my garage, so over the last week, I've been doing little bits and pieces. It's not totally finished, but it it back together again, and trail ready...

After spraying the color:

And assembled:

And with the LEDs I wired:

And Daylight infront of me...

As I said, this is a work in progress, so there is lots still left to do, but it is ready for a battery and trail...
More in the future...

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.