Keyword

TOPIC:

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 10 months ago #22789

If you want, i can send you the cover of the rear axles. It's not cracked as yours.

Have a look here: www.blackholesu...erB_US.php

Thanks! But that's not necessary anymore, I have a replacement already which came in a lot with some other bits I required.

J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 10 months ago #22791

And now a question about that graffiti remover. Do I need to get a plastic save variety or will the standard d solv be OK? For the wheels that is. The rear rims are grey and the front ones slightly off white which the red paint has kind of stained so I'll need to paint them to cover that and the fact they don't match :S

J

? :huh:

I'm only aware of one variety of De-Solv-It Grafitti Remover ( here ), which claims to be "polycarbonate safe", but isn't in my experience.

:)

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 10 months ago #22793

a lot of anti wear grease in the gearbox ...

Depends where it is - if it's in the inside of the diff then it makes a certain amount of sense - in a low rent limited slip diff sort of way ;)

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 10 months ago #22794

? :huh:

I'm only aware of one variety of De-Solv-It Grafitti Remover ( here ), which claims to be "polycarbonate safe", but isn't in my experience.

:)

Ooops, I was looking at D-Solve by selden. not de-solv-it......

www.selden.co.u...GroupID=16

Think it's worth trying the plastic safe one? I need only a small quantity for the wheels.

J

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 10 months ago #22800

Ooops, I was looking at D-Solve by selden. not de-solv-it......

www.selden.co.u...GroupID=16

Think it's worth trying the plastic safe one? I need only a small quantity for the wheels.

J

Sorry chap, tht's not something I've tried.

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 10 months ago #22846

so, I got few things in the post this week,

18T pinion
Tyres front a back
Retro front reinforcing plate
De-Solve-It spray gel

I was hoping the fancy looking blue bearings would have come so I could get the chassis rolling but alas no. I'm really just waiting for them and some 4mm O rings and I can finish the chassis and move onto the electrics and body.

I had a quick blast at the De-Solve on the wheels with much success but I didn't persist in getting them totally clear as it's for a runner and I'm painting them grey. They aren't a matching set anyway. Also, I did Araldite the rod back onto the upright because I'm cutting costs, I even used the old rusty screws from the original front wheels because I need to screw the nut, so to speak on buying screw bags and other cosmetic enhancements :blink:

Before. Seems to be a a few pieces still in soaking, was in a rush taking the pics.

after 1 soak. They came out better after 2.

As you can see I wasn't exactly meticulous but I worked on these bits a bit longer and made sure they were clean if not pretty before painting. (Jonny will be shaking his head at this point :P ). I did sand down the rims to smooth out as many of the dents and scratches as possible and also remove the obvious external signs of the different glues that had been applied at some point in the past.

Final result. I might spray some sort of lacquer or other clear coating on the rims but I've got a thing for mat grey just now :)

Here's the tin... says polycarbonate safe :silly:

J

Last edit: by protean.

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 10 months ago #22849

... Jonny will be shaking his head at this point :P ...

IDK, considering where you started, they look pretty tidy to me :y:

The following user(s) Liked this: protean

Frog Re-Release rescue - Chassis nearly complete 10 years 10 months ago #22901

Got my blue bearings today. Finally I can assemble most of it! I even had some success removing the vintage decals so it will be great to reuse them.

I'm missing some annoying little parts and thought maybe I'd ask here if anyone had some going.
  • Motor cover part C12
  • 3x30 screw (bag B)
  • Servo saver parts
  • Battery pin from B parts spru

Here's the latest pics

Shocks were in pretty good condition, probably means they aren't vintage eh?

Blue bearings in situ :)

Guard plate was a bit warped because the previous owner had the bumper on wrong which meant the tip of the plate must have got caught on stuff. So I hammered it back into shape but I'm not going to spruce it up further.

J

Last edit: by protean.

Frog Re-Release rescue - Chassis nearly complete 10 years 9 months ago #23019

Great work on this mate :y: it's cleaned up great B)
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)
The following user(s) Liked this: protean

Frog Re-Release rescue 10 years 9 months ago #23074

Small problem. The adviser rods from the original purchase are too short. eBay is kind of expensive for a parts lot with them included and I don't have the facility to make new or extend them I don't think so just wondering if anyone had a pair lying around? :)

Cheers

J

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.