Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47208

New here so forgive me asking.

Got a Grand Hauler for Yule and in the instructions, it says to use synthetic rubber cement, but I've googled and can't find it anywhere. So, what is the best alternative?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47210

Welcome on tamiyabase. The best glue for rubber tires is the cyanoacrilate. Cyanolite, superglue3 or other brand. Use only 4 small bubbles on each side of tires. That's enough.

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47214

Hi, and welcome to TamiyaBase!
As far as I can see, the "synthetic rubber cement" is to be used when attaching the two exhaust tips to the muffler covers (step 59) ?
I assume the muffler covers are metal, or at least not plastic as the tips.
Also, it looks like "synthetic rubber cement" is a special Tamiya term, and no one makes it :-)

For this case I would recommend using epoxy glue (2 compound). Probably overkill, but will do. Araldite is on brand.

-Lars
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47215

Welcome on tamiyabase. The best glue for rubber tires is the cyanoacrilate. Cyanolite, superglue3 or other brand. Use only 4 small bubbles on each side of tires. That's enough.

You are right, Flo, but the synthetic rubber cement is not intended for the tyres. :-)
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47216

Oops. Thanks Lars.

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47217

Maybe the synthetic rubber glue is neopren???? But for metal and plastic not sure........

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47220

For this case I would recommend using epoxy glue (2 compound). Probably overkill, but will do. Araldite is on brand.

-Lars

Thanks. I know toolstation here stocks araldite, so I'll get that.

Re:Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47224

In think cement is a wrong translation, it all makes more sense if written synthetic rubber adhesive.

Re:Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47225

Oops it actually exists
en.m.wikipedia....ber_cement

Re:Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47228

Oops it actually exists
en.m.wikipedia....ber_cement

Not sure on its uses for modelling after reading this tho WB :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Usage:
Rubber cement is favored in art applications where easy and damage-free removal of adhesive is desired. For example, rubber cement is used as the marking fluid in erasable pens.

Because rubber cements are designed to peel easily or rub off without damaging the paper or leaving any trace of adhesive behind, they are ideal for use in paste-up work where excess cement might need to be removed. It also does not become brittle as paste does. Older formula rubber cements are not considered an archivally sound adhesive because of their low pH value (acidic) and will cause deterioration of photographs and papers over time. Newer formulas of rubber cement such as Elmer's 'No-Wrinkle' are acid-free and considered "photo safe"

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.