Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47236

I think the Tamiya‘s idea is to make a not permanent but flexible fix. the rubber cement also gets mentioned in manuals to fix the diff outdrive axles into the diff.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by waterbok.

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47237

I wonder if it has got lost in translation a little bit, maybe it should be "synthetic rubber glue" in which case UPOL/UPVC sealant would seem to work well for the situations you have just mentioned WB , not bad for a bit of 2am thinking haha :)

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47238

It's come up before without any real consensus about what Tamiya _really_ mean ... I seem to remember using Evostick Impact Adhesive (more usually found glueing down new carpets in old cars) on the rubber blocks in the Bruiser suspension (small joint surface area), and I definitley used the rubber solution out of a bicycle puncture repair kit on the chassis plates of a Willliams F1 car (large, flat surface area).

Now, I'd be thinking more along the lines of Rubberized Cyanoacrylate - a fairly recent development (?), it's "instant hold" is a lot better than regular CA glue IMO. and the "rubber" element is meant to provide some long term flexibility ... I used Zap-RT on some cut down Clod tyres recently.

:)

Synthetic rubber cement question? 6 years 3 months ago #47245

I actually have some Evostik contact adhesive.

www.tamiya.com/.../56343.pdf number 5 here is the first mention of the rubber cement, if it helps?

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.