Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Candy Green Grasshopper re-release 6 years 1 week ago #49568

As if I don't have enough going on with dogbones and painting and finding parts for the other cars in the shop...thought it'd be fun to take one one more project while it snowed all day on April 15th...

First time doing my own start/finish, so thought the grasshopper was a good kit to start with, not too complicated.

I still have the driver and decals to do, did the candy green only have the re-re decals or did it first come with a different set?

One question...Is it possible to change the camber on this model?
My fronts are not vertical.
If so, how?

Box stock kit, tble-02 esc, futaba 3003 steering servo, original 380 motor (would like to do a 540 though I think).
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by grandall400. Reason: added attachments

Candy Green Grasshopper re-release 6 years 1 week ago #49570

For the camber, you must modify the chassis and find a crp kit. Decals are rere and the 540 is better. Same a simple silvercan.
The following user(s) Liked this: grandall400

Candy Green Grasshopper re-release 6 years 1 week ago #49572

Or use the Amro kit for the Hornet.
The 3d printed parts can be bought at Shapeways.

Here is the Hornet video from Ampro
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, grandall400

Candy Green Grasshopper re-release 6 years 1 week ago #49579

I did a full suspension mod on a rere hopper, check this out, I’ve included all part numbers tamiya, shapeways etc that were used :y:

tamiyabase.com/...s?start=90

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Candy Green Grasshopper re-release 6 years 1 week ago #49600

I did a full suspension mod on a rere hopper, check this out, I’ve included all part numbers tamiya, shapeways etc that were used :y:

tamiyabase.com/...s?start=90

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Grrr I lost a rear antiroll bar kit 15€. Sold 20minutes before I saw it...

Candy Green Grasshopper re-release 6 years 1 week ago #49614

Hey all,
Despite its good looks, the Grasshopper was meant to be a simple entry level car ( ie. cheap :) ) sort of a new Holiday buggy. I am always amazed at how people try and modify them beyond that beautiful simplicity. The best mod in the end, I think is just adding some better dampers and upgrade the motor. As for the camber issue, it is the same as a lot of full size simple sand rails I have worked on in a past life, the camber changes with the front ride height so change the loaded resting height until the camber is more to your liking ( cut or shim the springs) and then adjust the rear to level the car back out. Or as some of us do, I know I am not alone here ;) , feel free to try and re-engineer the chassis, be sure to spend lots of time and money too :laugh: But seriously given the limits of this chassis design adjustable camber is for looks only, the hopping back end is more of a problem I find.
I think the Grass hopper was one of the best buggy body shapes of its era, and a simple fun little car right out of the box, enjoy!!!
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63, goldfish999, grandall400

Candy Green Grasshopper re-release 6 years 1 week ago #49617

This is how ya take the hop out of the hopper :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Candy Green Grasshopper re-release 6 years 1 week ago #49618

Your right!
I can't argue with that, it was beautiful work when you did it and it still is, massively over engineered too.....just the way I like it!! :y: :y: :y:
From somewhere out in the wilds of central Ontario.
.......you build what you like, I will build what I like........it's all cool......

Candy Green Grasshopper re-release 6 years 1 week ago #49619

Your right!
I can't argue with that, it was beautiful work when you did it and it still is, massively over engineered too.....just the way I like it!! :y: :y: :y:

There is nothing more joyful than indulging in over engineering, an expensive indulgence tho :S

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.