Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Richard's TamTech-Gear GT01 Lamborghini Countach - White 4 years 1 week ago #58999

This is a lot better shape than the red one regarding body.
No cracks, just a pin hole size dent and much better decals than the red one.
Body is missing mirrors, front lights, rear spoiler, rear corner pieces.

The bad point is the paint is flaking off several places, so I will do a full repaint in pearl white, as I belive thi paint is.
Asked my LHS to stock 87183 Paint Remover, and they agreed, just don't know when they have it in stock.

All this pictures are before I washed it.

When taking these pictures I thought the former owner had sprayed it too thick as seen under the window area, but it turned out to be flaking paint.
So this deffo needs a respary. Too bad as the paint is really thin and evenly covered.
Think they just skipped the prep before paint or did not was it throughly.

Chassis is complete with electronics, just missing the battery and some bolts here and there.
Underside is heavly rashed, so this has seen some use for sure.
Strange thing, the wheels on this chassis is near mint.
Wonder if the red body and wheels really came on this chassis in the fiest place since the red body has damages all over, wheels been curbed, yet the chassis underside has seen little use...

Body is alot better condition than the red one.

I will taking new pictures of the body after bath and some scraping of the flaking.

Would you swap the chassis for this over to the red one as that body is much more tired, in effort to make this white one as good as possible?
The following user(s) Liked this: stingray-63

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Richard's TamTech-Gear GT01 Lamborghini Countach - White 4 years 1 week ago #59006

At your place, more with confinment, I will dismentle the 2 cars and rebuild one with better spares. Clean and repaint the better body . And sell the last joblot spares.
Maybe to me ;p
PS. Your second countach has a vintage tamtech cpr unit. Very nice.

Richard's TamTech-Gear GT01 Lamborghini Countach - White 4 years 1 week ago #59007

The countach is awesome.

Richard's TamTech-Gear GT01 Lamborghini Countach - White 4 years 1 week ago #59043

The countach is awesome.

Yes I love Contachs :y:
I never get bored of the Cannonball Run intro with the awesome engine sound :woohoo:

I have some pics after the bath and some minor scraping of the paint.
Placed a yellow towel under it so it's more clear to see the missing paint.

iI don't think I have owned a better candidate for a respray, ever :)
This should be nice when done B)

Richard's TamTech-Gear GT01 Lamborghini Countach - White 4 years 1 week ago #59097

Worked a bit on this chassis to today.
The only bit missing here is the cage and the cage chassis corner thingy that hold the cage to the chassis.
This will be my runner chassis, as it's worn and hacked.

Tidied up the wiring for now, removed old servo tape and fitted the esc/rx combo with a new piece of welcro.
As I look at this picture it reminds me that it really needs a new rear body mount (the white bit on the rear of the cage)

This chassis is covered with road grime, at least the front half.
Next task is to dismantle it and give it a good bath.

This is a well used example

As mentioned in the red Countach thread, this chassis donated the wheels to the red chassis as the on the red car as wheels that is clearly used on this chassis.
I also fitted the front cage today after some trimming as the esc/rx combo is a bit on the big side to be under the cage.
Wanted to fit the cage to stiffen up the chassis and make it look bit more complete.

That I now know all the parts is there, I will take it apart for a good cleaning.
May be like polish a badword, but at least it will be clean :laugh:

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.284 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.