Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: TA-01 Chassis 11 years 9 months ago #11786

Been doing some work on the body ...

Decals were pretty nasty & I didn't fancy my chances of getting a new set, so peeled them all off & stuck them on white card so I could scan them. Well, I say "stuck", I'd guess at least 75% of the adhesive stayed on the body & had to be cleaned off :S

Painted the body using the 1/2 can of pactra that came with the car ... including the windows as they were too scuffed up to want to leave them visible...

Some scuffs are still visible:

I redrew the decals, printed them out on white & clear self adhesive injet vinyl, cut out the white ones & clearcoated the lot:

I wasn't sure about the Audi rings logo, so cut out a pair in red self adhesive vinyl:

Also drew & cut out a set of SA vinyl windows & surrounds:

Body is finished, wing is off my Tamiya Citroen Xsara Rally shell - I'm not that sure about it, but at least the spacing on the pillars was right :blink:

Chassis has a way to go yet :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: TA-01 Chassis 11 years 9 months ago #11801

Awesome work on the body looking great B)

Last edit: by tamiya nut.

Re: TA-01 Chassis 11 years 9 months ago #11883

Stripped the paint off the chassis tub & it still looks pants ...

... a bit of sanding, ditto :(

Rear diff components:

Back gearbox complete, starting on front ... getting a feeling of deja-vu here, but I've nevr had a TA-01 chassis before ... I'd need to check, but a lot of bits seem very like a Pajero MTW?

Front box built...

Shock absorber bits; note the two sorts of spring, two sorts of spring retainer, and three sorts of rod end :whistle:

Lukily my spares pile provided the correct bits...

Re: TA-01 Chassis 11 years 9 months ago #11884

My spares box also provided some bits for the steering setup ... it's still a bit of a lash-up, but at least now it's all a correctly fitting Tamiya lash-up :whistle:

In fact, everything is feeling pretty taught now the correct fittings and fasteners are being used, so I went back & changed the motor for something with a bit more pep :)

Attachments:

Re: TA-01 Chassis 11 years 9 months ago #11888

Looks good Jonny (love that chassis), but I fear the steering assembly will not have enough room when you put the front gearbox on - unless you use the original tie rod... :unsure:

Re: TA-01 Chassis 11 years 9 months ago #11890

Looks good Jonny (love that chassis), but I fear the steering assembly will not have enough room when you put the front gearbox on - unless you use the original tie rod... :unsure:

Way ahead of your there :pinch: :cry: I had to make a new one out of welding rod :S

Re: TA-01 Chassis 11 years 9 months ago #11891

Black painted tub - it's not "right" but it does match :whistle:

Front end still isn't right - I had to fit the balljoints on the uprights underneath to stop ludicrous toe out when the shocks compressed ...

Bloo hubs ...

I would have liked to fit the shell lower, but it's a compromise with the mismatched wheelbase, and the inaccurate way the mount holes have been drilled :S

Attachments:

Re: TA-01 Chassis 11 years 9 months ago #11892

Steering assembly, bumpsteer (imagine the setup on a buggy) with the ball ends on top... how very familiar! :lol:
I chose the radical approach and chopped the bathtub to get rid of the slop :

The hex head screws look great btw. B)

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: TA-01 Chassis 11 years 9 months ago #11894

, but this pot smells different: a stronger smell of polymer, and a really heacy whiff of ... wait for it... marzipan :huh:

mmmm isnt semtex supposed to smell like marzipan :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.