Keyword

TOPIC:

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19528

Well I sold enough stuff to do a Hornet resto. The last few Hornets I've watched or bid on went to high and the ones in my price range had seriously flawed chassis. So I decided to go another route, just convert a Grasshopper. I'm getting it all accomplished for about $135. The tyres, body, shocks and rear body mounts will be rere stuff and of course all the bearings will be new stuff. The rest will be vintage. I even scored 2 sheets of original decals on the cheap. I won/bought everything last night so it'll be a while before I can start. Here's the sellers pics and decal pics for an appetizer. And thanks to all who bid on or won my "junk" and made another project possible.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19559

:y:
Nice project Meister,
Can you say me what is the difference between grasshopper and hornet rear body mounts? OOn my first grass, my father mounted hornet rear tires. I don't know if they were more efficient but it was in my remembers very nice in metalic green... :silly: :cheer: :silly:

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19573

The rear Hornet body mounts are little bits that come on it's D parts tree and bolt to the top rear shock mounts. The shocks mount to the bottom and the posts on top go through the body.
Attachments:

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19630

:y:

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19637

...thanks to all who bid on or won my "junk" ...

Your junk? I thought there was a rule about selling body parts on eBay :blink: :laugh:

Last edit: by Jonny Retro.

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19644

Yeah, I don't think it's even legal (apart from my country and a few others). :lol:

Last edit: by Edou.

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19654

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. ;p

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19672

:) I love your purple parts :y:

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19673

:) I love your purple parts :y:

That's the Jun Wantanabe Hornet monstrosity. There's 4 of us locally that have them now. If we can ever get off work at the same time to race I'll get a video. 4 manly coal miners racing purple and pink rc cars should do well on YouTube.

Grasshopper to Hornet 11 years 1 month ago #19675

:lol: :silly:
Jun or junky???
Pink tires and 101 dalmatians body.
I want one. Just for fun. :whistle:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.