Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Custom Brat project 12 years 3 months ago #6920

Btw - I can merge a few of your topics if you like... :huh:
They seem to fit well together and the first one even has a good intro for this build thread.
I can also change the title to match this topic...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Custom Brat project 12 years 3 months ago #6923

• jnail
  • jnail's Avatar Topic Author
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!

Btw - I can merge a few of your topics if you like... :huh:
They seem to fit well together and the first one even has a good intro for this build thread.
I can also change the title to match this topic...

If you really want to go through that much trouble, that would be great.

As far as the dirt hawgs, it looks like I am using the next smaller ones than yours. i alos need to correct myself about the bigger ones. I used the dirt works.

jeff

Re: Custom Brat project 12 years 3 months ago #6924

Proline DirtWorks are good too, really sticky. They look like they might be a slightly smaller, squarer profile than the Hawgs - 102d x 52w

Re: Custom Brat project 12 years 3 months ago #6928

• jnail
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!

Proline DirtWorks are good too, really sticky. They look like they might be a slightly smaller, squarer profile than the Hawgs - 102d x 52w

You are correct, but I decided against them because I couldn't get full suspension travel without hitting the fenders without a body lift. they would work good on the mud blaster or blackfoot though.

jeff

Re: Custom Brat project 12 years 3 months ago #6932

I ended up merging two topics - thought the one about the Lunchbox wheels could stand on it's own. :)
No trouble at all btw...

So which tyres have you fitted now? The DirtWorks, right? All Pro-lines are cool and great quality.
There's some 2.8" on the Hummer. So it's much more a stadium truck than a scale car.
And I'll have to heighten the body a bit...

Last edit: by Edou.

Re: Custom Brat project 12 years 3 months ago #6937

Edou, how do the Mu lowrider wheels compare offset-wise with Dyna blaster? They look like they might be the same diameter & use the same tyres (Horrible wheels in my opinion though!). Er, what else... High-lift are 90d x 36w, but I'm guessing they'll be too narrow. What about modifying a set of wheels from a cheapy high street 1/16(ish) monster truck? That started a thought train - TLT? Trail-Master? QD Monster beetle?

Re: Custom Brat project 12 years 3 months ago #6976

Edou, how do the Mu lowrider wheels compare offset-wise with Dyna blaster?

I could only guess. One of the tougher subjects for myself, wheel-wise.
Unfortunately I have wasted funds on wrong offset or even rim size in the past.

It would actually be a brilliant piece of data to add to the tyre database. B)
But first we'd have to determine what positive or negative offset is because I think RC uses reverse terminology from 1/1...

Re: Custom Brat project 12 years 3 months ago #6977

Anywho - reading back I saw that the Dyna Blaster wheels were (close to?) a match after some modding.
Didn't that work out then?

I think you could create the offset with the use of spacers on the Blitzer Beetle uprights...
More or less like agemax did on his Hopper. These wouldn't have to be hexagonal though.

Re: Custom Brat project 12 years 3 months ago #6978

Ha, I did have some Mu wheels but got rid of them ASAP. They were an odd size, but seeing the Dyna blasters, I reckon they've got the same tyres & would be the same size. I wouldn't mind betting their offset is similar to Mu-X or High-lift, after all, they fit in the same arches...

Re: Custom Brat project 12 years 3 months ago #7171

• jnail
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
  • Being nuts is NEAT!
As promised, here's some pics of the brat.

Here's the frog upright. I cut off about 8mm to fit inside the rims, then drilled and threaded for a new ball link.

As you can see, the there still isn't much room, and the white ball link might rub at full steering throw, but I don't think I will need that much throw. Good thing for travel adjust!

Here's the chassis. I got those purple shocks from somewhere in the UK on ebay, but they don't work the best. I may go back to the originals after I clean them up. MSC plate thanks to Lars! The MSC plate is good for mounting ESC's also. I don't know why they went to the 2 bars on the re-re.

Ready to roll! I just need to get an esc and Transmitter for it.

I built longer steering rods from airplane pushrods, and just re-tapped the plastic link ends to fit, as they went on too tight originally.
The tires I used are proline dirt hawg 1, rear buggy tires all around. I tried the dirt works 2.2 truck tires, but I would have fender clearance issues with steering and suspension travel without a body lift. But they did look really cool.
I am thinking that once the death rover comes out, I might try getting the uprights from that, and see if they work better. Unless they re-work the wheels so that they fit the longer blitzer axle.

There you have it,
jeff
Attachments:

Last edit: by jnail. Reason: spellin error
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.