Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 5 months ago #15423

Update :huh:
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 5 months ago #15426

Update :huh:

I wouldn't hold your breath ... I can't say I have much interest in any of my RC projects at the moment :unsure:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 5 months ago #16518

I actually made a little progress on this yesterday - clearcoating the homemade decals & painting the driver ... apart from the head, which I'd forgotten to strip the paint off :whistle:

I've had another look at the wheels & they are going to need sanding/filling/painting, so the chances of this getting finished soon are pretty remote - especially as it's nearly Christmas, and therefore time to start on my Wild One re-re :D

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 4 months ago #16522

HI!... Better hurry up J/R, the world is ending on Friday........ :evil: :lol: :laugh:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 4 months ago #16567

Well the world didn't end (quelle surprise :whistle: ) so the Stiker needs doing...

I had thought now I'd done the decals (it doesn't show, but they are a mix of clear & white, all cut out & clearcoated) & finished the body it would just be a matter of putting it all back together ...

but as well as forgetting to do the wheels and the drivers head :whistle: , I'd also forgotten to do anything about the manky metal bits (before and after pic below, the MSC motor connectors didn't badly need doing, but new ones do make it look cleaner)...

I did de-rust & treat the motor - rubber protective dingus didn't really work then, did it :whistle: - but it still isn't the standard I want for this car, so I'll use a generic modern white endbell unit instead.

I'm still not sure about the red driver - it does look a bit "Ming the Merciless" to me :whistle:

Attachments:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 4 months ago #16569

Some build pics ... still got the head & wheels to do :)

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 4 months ago #16570

Nice goin' on that Striker. :y:

Well the world didn't end ...

The day ain't over yet. :silly:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 4 months ago #16571

HI!... Looks great J/R. I'm getting the itch to build mine. I wish it would hurry up and get here. About a week ago I bought a NIB Striker. Can't wait to build it. I think it will pretty much be identical to my Futaba FX-10 NIB that I built last year. :y:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 4 months ago #17006

A very minor update - I've stripped the paint off, filled & sanded my helmet :whistle:

I've also been looking at the wheels again - remember this was sold as an "as new" car ... I decided I couldn't live with the broken hub so chiselled & Dremelled it off - I did think it was two sorts of glue, but TBH I think it was just superglue & dirt :sick:

Re: 58061 Striker 11 years 4 months ago #17007

It's a bit ghetto, but I don't have 15 GBP to spend on a new "R" sprue, so made my own with 1,5 and 3mm styrene sheet ... more sanding & paint to come later.

Attachments:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds