Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13376

that's a bad day

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13437

Porsche959boy - I think it's to do with the eye spacing....

Waterbok - nope, the re-re sucks donkey-butt, as they all do!

As for "Build it or keep it NIB", I'd build & play. I mean, how can you appreciate something properly unless you use it for the purpose intended? (Or other than intended, the operative word being "use" here - see above pics, yep, looks pretty, all clean & motionless & stuff, but wouldn't it be better sliding about in mud being abused?)
This doesn't only apply to vintage stuff either - It was quite nerve-racking removing the protective film from my High-lift box when it arrived, I lost about
Attachments:

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13438

Oh, & before I forget, Jonny - did you cry when that complete Quattro went for about

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13444

Oh, & before I forget, Jonny - did you cry when that complete Quattro went for about

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13486

Yeah, that's the one - I was waiting for it to make 3-400 quid, but it never happened.

Fairly annoyed about it myself, I was distracted by trying to explain to some numpty that "Collection in person only" on a 38kg vice DOESN'T mean you can blindly send me a Paypal payment for it with a note saying "Please put it in a box, I'm sending a carrier to collect", especially when there had been NO prior contact! Better still, after explaining to him that I'd send it (To Londonderry) if he really wanted me to, as long as he'd pay for the wooden crate & my time to make it (Which may or may not escalate into needing to be pallet-mounted for 38kg-related health & safety reasons), he turned around & said "Why a wooden crate, can't you just put it in a cardboard box with a bit of wood in the bottom?".
Absolutely gobsmacked....

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13490

Whatever the model an vintage, it's the enjoyment (and pride) of the build... then braving getting the wheels dirty!!
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13493

Dont have a dream model loved building all of my cars best way to wind down after a crappy day at work is to work on one of my models.

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13495

Yeah, I'll go with that - I get far more enjoyment out of putting something together or fixing it, then thrashing it into disrepair again, than making it a pretty place to store dust

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13496

Do you stick to sourcing original parts or go the hop-up route and add some colourful metal?
<p>Current projects:</p>

Re: What's Your Dream Model To Restore? 11 years 7 months ago #13497

I used to be happy using aftermarket parts and will use anodised parts on my cars. Some of the nicest cars on here like Edous Manta Ray etc have had lots of blue anodised parts on them and they look fantastic. Im starting to appreciate box art cars more now though so can definitely see the appeal they have too. I like both types I just appreciate the hobby for what it is.

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.