Keyword

TOPIC:

Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #13380

Well resto-mod. I'll be adding the CRP stiffener, bumper and prop shafts and I'm gonna be installing a modern Futaba AM radio and servos. The SF came with a FP-T2F that I want to save for a SRB resto. Still waiting on bearings and tyres but I started the body/chassis in hopes that they'll be here by the end of the week.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #13385

Nice pictures - I hadn't appreciated how much like a Striker the Sonic Fighter is ... only even more ugly :laugh:

Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #13390

It's a lot more ugly, but still a Striker underneath. The haze grey colour doesn't help.

Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #13472

Haze Grey and decals done. Gotta start on rebuilding shocks and driver painting so reassembly can start.

Last edit: by Dasbeermeister.

Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #13473

Forgot the pics.

Last edit: by larbut.

Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #13643

Got up at 7 this morning and decided to get some things accomplished. I should have waited till tomorrow as I felt rushed and botched the trim job on the chassis stiffener and front bumper. Oh well at least I got the shocks rebuilt properly
Attachments:

Re: Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #13644

Looking good :)
The following user(s) Liked this: Dasbeermeister

Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #13920

Didn't have to work today so.....
Got most of the final assembly done. Rebuilt the rear shocks with CRP up rated springs, new shafts and o rings. Full ball bearings and CRP prop shafts. NOS wing, roll bar, rear bumper and tyres. Still working on E. Whittles head and I need to do some detail painting on the tyres and roll bar.

Re: Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #13924

Very nice! I surely have a new appreciation for the Striker and Sonic Fighter with these build threads of late... B)

Re: Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #13925

I don't think I can say that's a great looking car :silly: ... but it is a very well put together example of a dodgy looking car ;) :y:

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.