Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 6 months ago #14107

Really nice work i love the driver detailing i think the suit looks good in gloss personal taste i suppose B)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 4 months ago #16671

Wow that is cool, i just recently bought a sonic fighter but the body was broken. I managed to glue it back using epoxy resin. I think its done the job. Today i sanded the body down and then applied 2 coats of plastic primer in white, which will then be followed by 2 coats of gloss white spray.

I got all the bits for the sonic fighter. Im surprised the top half of the body and driver is in very good condition when i bought it second hand.

Iv seen on the internet that putting a metal plate underneath the car would stop or prevent the body breaking as we all know the mould wasn't strong enough to with stand jumps.

I ordered my self the front bumper and plate, so should be here by next week.

I will be posting pics soon, but boy your restoration is fantastic, good job sir.

Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 4 months ago #16672

Thanks sliderguy. If you're ever in need of parts let me know. I have quite a few left over. Including a complete NOS body set.

Re: Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 4 months ago #16698

Thats great, i was actually stripping down my sonic fighter today, spent several hours cleaning all the grease and dirt out of the plastics. When i was building it back up the front bit of the chassis came of, i guess the glue wasnt strong enough to hold. I got hot glue gun and glued the front back on and to be honest it worked pretty great. Unfortunalty you can see the crack on both sides and its not appealing to the eye. The rest was constructed and hopefully soon will be taking it for a test drive.

I love to purchase a chassis of you, i think that would be great, instead of the chassis im using right now.

Here is a picture almost complete.

Attachments:

Last edit: by sliderguy.

Re: Sonic Fighter Resto 11 years 4 months ago #16737

Since i built the Sonic Fighter i have done a minor modification, looks silly but i thought it may strengthen the front bit that we all know break from time to time.

I put on 2 metal brackets which came from a Mecanno set, which i drilled holes in the lower body and then used screw bolts. It has indeed strengthen it up. This resulted the gap to be more visible as you can see in the pic when inserting the top half, badword i should'av thought of that first before drilling the holes. I suppose wrapping a twist tie of some sort around the body will close the gap but im not sure yet.

Until i get another chassis for this im going to leave it as it is.

I am just waiting for the metal bearings and bumper/plate to arrive some time next week from team crp.

I also put on a 18 Turn hpi racing motor/brushed, cheap one running on the original msc, BUT.. the resistor gets way too hot so im going to update the electronics by putting a esc in. As for the wheels i may keep them as they are not in that great condition. I may put some after markets wheels as iv seen someone put them on there sonic fighter on youtube and indeed looks pretty cool.

Still not run this outside because its been raining.

Attachments:

Last edit: by sliderguy.
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.