Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

A new paint job? 11 years 5 months ago #15335

When building or restoring a vintage RC, would you paint the body shell a different colour than what was originally specified?... or would you always adhere to what's illustrated on the box art?

And if you go the colour scheme you prefer... does it jeopardise the "true (future) value"?

I'd like to explore the opportunity of a different colour scheme for a 959 I'm restoring... but if it end's up being bright yellow, would it still appeal to collector's even if the chassis is 'top notch'? :unsure:
<p>Current projects:</p>

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A new paint job? 11 years 5 months ago #15336

Can't speak for others but when I'm looking for restored cars I want box art. Runners or to be restored, don't care what colour bodys are.

Re: A new paint job? 11 years 5 months ago #15339

I agree with Dasbeermeister, box art is important for me when it comes to restored models/shelf queens.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: A new paint job? 11 years 5 months ago #15348

How about obtaining another Re-pro body to go crazy with the colours on and doing box art on the 1 you have now?
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem mate :)

Re: A new paint job? 11 years 5 months ago #15366

I'd say if you plan to sell it, leave the body unpainted & let the buyer decide what to do.
If you plan to keep it for a bit then maybe sell it, keep 1x body unpainted to sell with, & paint another how you like.
If you plan to just keep it, paint it how you like.

If you're selling to collectors, anything that isn't as it should be will reduce the price. You're better off keeping stuff you plan to sell, as original as possible if you're pitching at collectors (Which is where the money is)

Re: A new paint job? 11 years 5 months ago #15385

Thanks everyone.... yes I'm going to keep to the original as at some point I may be selling-on to collector's. :y:
<p>Current projects:</p>

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.