Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vintage Sand Scorcher resto, almost done! 11 years 4 months ago #16311

Having raced RC for a number of years and currently running a number of current models and have a new obsession with vintage Tamiya RC and I am not alone, Having sold an old Hilux some time ago that went for silly money I recently bought an old Sand Scorcher that was looking very sorry for itself, that being said mechanically it was in fantastic condition and 100% original with radio gear too.

The shell was in primer but very poor with holes drilled, cracks and deep scratches, so I pulled it apart put in bearings, removed the original suspension and fitted some vintage Tamiya shocks and springs. The body took the most time and so I have removed the door handles, filled any holes and prepped to the highest standard I can do.. and then finished in VW Alpine white with Matt Black roof. Still lots to do with mirrors, radio gear but I am pleased with it so far
Sand Scorcher (restored), 58008 Lamborghini (currently restoring), Axial Exo (very modified) Hong Nor SCRT
Looking for more projects...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Integra99. Reason: Image

Re: Vintage Sand Scorcher resto, almost done! 11 years 4 months ago #16314

Hi,
It looks very nice with the "carbon look" sticker on the windscreen. The colour sheme is awesome with this modern touch of black roof !

I love it ! Great job
Proud owner of the Bruiser Family

Re: Vintage Sand Scorcher resto, almost done! 11 years 4 months ago #16315

Thanks pleased you like it, its all original but was tired of the blue and white version which looks great but has been done so much and slightly devalued with the re re, few more bits to do and then on to the next project(s)

This will be a bright red blazing blazer all being well!..
Sand Scorcher (restored), 58008 Lamborghini (currently restoring), Axial Exo (very modified) Hong Nor SCRT
Looking for more projects...

Re: Vintage Sand Scorcher resto, almost done! 11 years 4 months ago #16319

Nice work :y: & welcome on board :)

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.