Keyword
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Tamiya Ligier JS9 Matra CS "1979" 11 years 3 months ago #16911

HI!... I just picked up this Ligier JS9 Matra CS from a fellow collector. It's in really good shape. It needs to be restored but just barely. It's missing one side mirror, and the driver needs to be painted the proper colours. I also need to install electronics.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by THE H.P FREAK.

Re: Tamiya Ligier JS9 Matra CS "1979" 11 years 3 months ago #17336

HI!... O.k I got some electronics installed and a vintage hump back Tamiya battery. I found out that both front steering rods were incorrect. I found two of the proper ones in my shop. Also the steering rod from the steering servo to the servo saver was incorrect. Fixed that too. The MSC rod end was also incorrect. Found that the throttle servo mounting plate was upside down as well. Also the rear wing mounting tabs had not been painted per manual so I took care of that as well. Currently I'm painting the driver's head. It was the wrong colour. I still need to find a P/S mirror and get a vintage receiver.

Re: Tamiya Ligier JS9 Matra CS "1979" 11 years 3 months ago #17338

I really like your attention to details! Very good!
And the CS Matra is a great looking model.
Signature now gets correct formatting if you edit it in your Profile. Use normal BBcode if you want.
www.tamiyabase.com was formatted automatically.

Re: Tamiya Ligier JS9 Matra CS "1979" 11 years 3 months ago #17339

HI!... Thanks Lars. I just bought a Honda F2 NIB body kit and a Honda F2. The car is not complete though. I'm going to have to source a ton of parts. Mostly the electronics deck/tray and chassis 'wings'.

Re: Tamiya Ligier JS9 Matra CS "1979" 11 years 3 months ago #17490

HI!... Well I finally got around to painting the driver's head the proper colours. Now I just need to get a right hand side mirror and the vintage helmet decals.

• Page:
Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.