Keyword

TOPIC:

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17321

Ok, very difficult to see the difference with the pc monitor.
I painted my Avante old body with Pactra due a not honest seller "it's the same color!" and there's a lot of difference with the Tamiya. The blue is less colorful and the metallic is smaller. I saved the job backing the blue with white.
Fortune it was the old restored body and also I have a NIB one.

Anyway, good job on your car.

Max

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Kontemax.

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17334

looking good so far Neal. That's the color it it should be ;)

ps...Have you received those pin-spikes yet??

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17335

looking good so far Neal. That's the color it it should be ;)

ps...Have you received those pin-spikes yet??

HI!... Adrian ;

No I haven't yet. Since their coming from Japan, I figure at least another week. Seems everything is taking forever with the mail lately. I have a new Sonic Fighter that was mailed out 34 days ago and it's still not here. Something to do with a hurricane somewhere. It's coming from Portugal.

Re: Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 3 months ago #17484

HI!... Well some parts showed up for the Avante this weekend. I got the front and rear sway bars installed. Also got the NIB Technagold motor installed and steering servo. I had a old vintage ESC laying around the shop so installed it as well as a dummy 7.2 battery pack. Had to change a few nuts and bolts here and there that were not correct and quite a few "E" clips were missing. I also ordered some new pins due to someone removed the originals and installed nut/bolts instead. The driver's head is not mounted yet due to me having major issues with the stupid helmet decals not sticking at all! Tried to C/A glue them on but that turned out bad. The glue had a terrible reaction with the helmet paint, so I'm redoing the helmet. No decals this time. Just waiting on the new correct tires to get here.

Tamiya Avante "1988" 11 years 2 months ago #17811

HI!... Finally got the correct tires on the Avante. NIP of coarse. And pins. Most were used nuts/bolts instead. lol!

Moderators: caprinutstingray-63AndyAus
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Cookies are required to make this site work. If you continue to use this site you permit us to use cookies.